Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious about Battery Fire Risk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you guys have any worries about driving teslas and them catching fire? I am seeing a lot of videos about Teslas catching fire in crashes, which increases fatality of the crash. I come from driving Mercedes vehicles and they are some of the safest vehicles on the road. I mean if that is the case I am worried about purchasing and would rather just continue driving an internal combustion vehicle. Plus I think the fires will become more common as more EVs are purchased.

Not a troll post and have serious worries before purchasing.

Do any of you guys have any worries about driving teslas and them catching fire?
No

Not a troll post and have serious worries before purchasing.

It kinda comes across as one, even if you dont mean it to be (and based on some of your other posts here, immediately going to "fanboi" / "fanboy" it gives less credence to this statement)

. I come from driving Mercedes vehicles and they are some of the safest vehicles on the road.

Yet, you dont seem to be concerned fires in them, but....

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 7.15.27 PM.png

So, why are you not concerned about your mercedes catching on fire (all vehicles have tons of reports of this) yet you are concerned for about a "Tesla Fire"? You didnt even say "EV fires" which would be less of a "get conversation going" type post.

So, No, I am not any more concerned about this in this vehicle than any other one, including the ICE vehicles that I drove that all had reports of catching fire:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 7.17.41 PM.png

OP, you can search the internet for "(insert car brand) "Fire" and you will find threads like the above for every brand. I could link more, but these two are enough to get the point across.

Not trying to paint a negative picture as I am in the process of buying one now if you look at my post history.

I am genuine worried if I get into a car accident in a tesla vs a ICE vehicle with my family in the car. If the Tesla is more likely to catch on fire during a crash or even randomly.

Also if you go on youtube and you search for any of the ICE brands there are not many videos of them being on fire. On the other hand there are so many Tesla vehicles there are so many videos of Tesla vehicles and fires. Dont give me the same old bullshit because media wants to take advantage or they are more likely to be reported.

Tesla Model S Plaid reportedly catches fire in Pennsylvania

No One is Talking About Electric Car Deaths, So I Have to

Click on link, scroll down to vehicle fire data, and then stop with this nonsense.