Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Owners - P90DL to P100D upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully scheduled a P90D to P100D upgrade (allegedly for $20,000) yet with Tesla?

I've emailed them twice to get information on how this would happen and when and have yet to get any response.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any success and what they told you as far as details and scheduling/wait times.

P90DL to P100DL is the only upgrade Tesla has announced. You can't upgrade a P90D to 100 at this time. I don't believe there is an official way of ordering the post-delivery upgrade yet. It appears some SCs are maintaining a wait list, but if it goes down like the P85D to P85DL upgrades, the SC lists won't matter. At some point the option will appear on store.teslamotors.com.

P90DL to P100DL is the only upgrade Tesla has announced. You can't upgrade a P90D to 100 at this time. I don't believe there is an official way of ordering the post-delivery upgrade yet. It appears some SCs are maintaining a wait list, but if it goes down like the P85D to P85DL upgrades, the SC lists won't matter. At some point the option will appear on store.teslamotors.com.

So in short...no.

I'm going to call my SC tomorrow and see what they say since they're not responding to my emails.

This isn't true. I was upgraded and my P90DL was on the assembly line at the time.
  • I ordered a P90DL.
  • Elon had his press conference.
  • I called everyone I knew and sent frantic emails.
  • I replied to the email.
  • Now I'm getting a P100DL.
I got lucky, for sure.

Good information and congrats, but you're off-point. I'm seeking other current owners of the P90DL. You haven't taken delivery yet....you're one of the lucky ones for sure.

Reactions: davidc18
Good information and congrats, but you're off-point. I'm seeking other current owners of the P90DL. You haven't taken delivery yet....you're one of the lucky ones for sure.

Not sure if this helps but I was told that it would be 'January' if I were to take delivery of my originally ordered P90DL (which can't be ordered anymore and has increased in base price) and later wanted an upgrade to P100DL.

• Informative
Not sure if this helps but I was told that it would be 'January' if I were to take delivery of my originally ordered P90DL (which can't be ordered anymore and has increased in base price) and later wanted an upgrade to P100DL.

This is what I was told as well.

... but, at least some P90DL folks who expressed they wanted the upgrade are getting the P100DL "instead of" the P90DL they ordered.

Which, now as I think about it, was handled in a somewhat sloppy way. I never signed anything saying "yes, charge me $10k more for the 100..." My only written commitment was an email saying "I am intrested in the upgrade."

I'm not backing out or anything. I'm happy to write the larger check. It's just sort of interesting I didn't have to re-sign something more formally.

Either way, I haven't taken delivery of the P90 I ordered, or a P100 I said I would be intrested in. So it's all a bit of theory craft until we hear from someone who has a P90DL and takes the car into service and it comes out at P100DL, or someone who ordered a P90DL drives away from the delivery with a P100DL.

This is what I was told as well.

... but, at least some P90DL folks who expressed they wanted the upgrade are getting the P100DL "instead of" the P90DL they ordered.

Which, now as I think about it, was handled in a somewhat sloppy way. I never signed anything saying "yes, charge me $10k more for the 100..." My only written commitment was an email saying "I am intrested in the upgrade."

I'm not backing out or anything. I'm happy to write the larger check. It's just sort of interesting I didn't have to re-sign something more formally.

Either way, I haven't taken delivery of the P90 I ordered, or a P100 I said I would be intrested in. So it's all a bit of theory craft until we hear from someone who has a P90DL and takes the car into service and it comes out at P100DL, or someone who ordered a P90DL drives away from the delivery with a P100DL.

Definitely a strange circumstance. My design spec sheet doesn't even have the premium seats listed. It's a blank row with a price of $2500. Delivery day should be interesting!

Definitely a strange circumstance. My design spec sheet doesn't even have the premium seats listed. It's a blank row with a price of $2500. Delivery day should be interesting!

Same. For the hell of it, I followed up with my delivery advisor today via email wondering why mine hasn't shipped yet since it's supposed to be finished.

--
I will update you as soon as I get the update from the factory. I do believe you will be getting the Premium seats as well according to my source of information.
---

So, unofficially official that those of us with "blank" seats are getting upgraded to Premium? Never bought a car where I wasn't totally sure what it would be. Fun? :)

What if your car can only do 0-60 in 2.65 seconds ? Did you get what paid for?

I'm curious what the expressed performance warranty is with the P100D; if there is any. A current P90DL has done 0-60 in 2.65 and so far all I've seen from Tesla is they 'think' the P100D is 'estimated' at 0-60 in 2.5....'ish.

I hope it really lives up to the performance hype they've been spouting.

Has anyone successfully scheduled a P90D to P100D upgrade (allegedly for $20,000) yet with Tesla?

I've emailed them twice to get information on how this would happen and when and have yet to get any response.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any success and what they told you as far as details and scheduling/wait times.
I emailed them saying I'm all over doing the $20k upgrade from my P90.

But since I don't have an "L" they want/need me to drop an extra $10k. So $30k makes it not worth it.

Seems silly that I have to pay an extra $10k when the $20k would give me all I'd need

(I realize they want non L people to pay an extra $10k so people that spent the cash on L don't feel shafted)

• Disagree
Reactions: Maximus8
I ass use they make money on the deal (P90DL to P100DL) for $20k so I'd happily give them $20k to upgrade my P90. It doesn't cost them any more to upgrade just because I didn't have the L before.

Heck. With the facelift P90 I'm pretty sure the L upgrade is pure software. Though I'm told a from-factory 90l might have a different battery pack than an upgraded 90l (which would be moot on a 90->100 upgrade)

So if it's a money grave they can take my $20k. Or take $0 :)

Agreed. Im in the same boat. A $20k upgrade for L and the 100 pack is worth it to me. The extra $10k is a money grab and IMHO, it has nothing to do with the owners who paid the $10k to upgrade to an L.
How would that be fair though? You're saying you want to upgrade to a P100DL for $10k less out of pocket than someone who already purchased a $10k upgrade from P90D to P90DL? That would be really unfair to the P90DL owner.

How would that be fair though? You're saying you want to upgrade to a P100DL for $10k less out of pocket than someone who already purchased a $10k upgrade from P90D to P90DL? That would be really unfair to the P90DL owner.
I spent additional $10K for P90DL and then upgraded for another $10K to P100DL before taking the delivery. I think it would be awesome if P90D owners could upgrade for $20K to P100DL without having to pay extra $10K, but I think tesla will eventually come out with P100D without ludicrous and also with the 100D so it would not match their pricing structure.

But doesn't an existing P90DL owner of a delivered car have to pay $20k to upgrade? They already paid $10k for the L upgrade and a 100DL upgrade costs an additional $20k. It wouldn't be fair for the owner of a delivered P90D to be able to upgrade for $20k to a 100DL for a total pride that's $10k less than an existing 90DL owner.