Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current state of the Egg Harbor, NJ Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm a semi-frequent charger at the Egg Harbor location. There are a few concerning trends in the last few months that make me wonder if Tesla is going to keep this location open long term.

1) 2 of the charging stalls at the far end of the group have been broken now for at least a month if not longer, bringing the capacity from 8 down to 6. One night in early August I had to wait a considerable amount of time to charge because of this. Revisited the location today and noticed that those two stalls are still inoperative.

2) The "JR Fresh Market" supermarket that is adjacent to the charger location has closed as of today. There are prominent signs in multiple spots between chargers advertising that the market is "sponsoring" or providing the electricity to that location. If the market has now gone under, and/or if the property is sold, does that represent risk that the superchargers will get decommissioned? As it stands they're the only viable supercharging option between the Philadelphia area and the southern NJ shore destinations.

Are the chargers still active? That makes me feel slightly uneasy, as we're spending the Labor Day weekend in AC and I'm depending on that charger to get us home :eek:. I did recall seeing it still as open in the car's maps last night.

For what it's worth:
Still worked fine as of last night. I got full power on 2A, and others were using the 1's and 3's on & off while I charged. It was late enough that everything was closed (except a few stragglers leaving Bonefish Grill) and there were no more than two other cars there at any moment while I was there.

I just visited it today, It's a slow semi powered mess. It charged for a couple of minutes then stops charging. It even shows up on navigation as limited/not operational What's going on? It was a nice location to charge after my trip to Atlantic city and make it back home with no other stops. Asbury park is packed at all times of the day/night. There are no other super chargers near the Jersey shore besides those two.

Just did a trip to AC last week. We did not use the Egg Harbor charger because there are plenty of new chargers along the Garden State Parkway. The one at Barnegat was particularly nice because it was at a Wawa, so we were able to grab some snacks while we charged.

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY