Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Upper Sandusky, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Crew Dragon

Ordered 5/20: MYLR 5-seat W/W No FSD, 19”, no tow
Jun 17, 2021
Toledo, Ohio
A new, 12-stall, Supercharger is permitted and under construction at 1745 E Wyandot Ave, Upper Sandusky, OH 43351. This is behind an Arby's restaurant.
It was on the list of future sites that got leaked by Tesla last year. I drove by the site months ago, but never saw anything. They don't do on-line permitting, so no easy way to look.
A few days ago, I checked with the local zoning inspector for the city and he confirmed, via email, that not only are the permits approved, it is under active construction!
This is a great location for the route between Toledo and Columbus.

1688585879326.png

Hello Matt,

Yes, we actually processed the permit for a 12 charger station many months ago, and it is currently under construction. It's located in the rear of the Arby's restaurant just off of OH-23 in Upper Sandusky.

Thank you,

Greg Moon
Zoning Inspector
City of Upper Sandusky
109 S Sandusky Ave, Room 16, Upper Sandusky, OH 43351
419-209-0476 Office | 419-294-6415 Fax
[email protected] | Zoning Webpage

With confirmation from the Zoning Inspector that construction is going on, can this get a pin on the supercharge.info map? A yellow triangle pin?
Supercharge.info admins prefer photos or copies/links for permits. Maybe someone can stop by and get a photo of the construction.

I was able to get a copy of the permit and site drawings: 12 stalls, two light poles, transformer, etc. A clip of one of the pages of the permit is below.
I did a road trip today and got a shot of the construction. It was not like the other SCs that I've seen under construction at all, but it does match the drawings. Normally, I've seen where all the cabinets are together and a big dig for all the individual stalls. In this installation, the cabinets will be with their individual stalls. The drawings call for Preassemble Supercharging Units (PSUs) to be used.
Reasonable amenities (Arby's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Speedway) and only 1/2-mile from the highway.
1689102455430.png

1689102718703.png

Upper Sandusky, OH

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Arby’s
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-23, US-30
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-23

To: Rossford, OH - 61.4 miles (Construction)
Diversion: 0.4 miles
From: Columbus - E Campus View Blvd, OH - 54.6 miles (Construction)
To: Maumee, OH (v2) - 71.3 miles

US-30

To: North Huntingdon - Ronda Ct, PA - 219.4 miles
Diversion: 2.7 miles
To: North Huntingdon, PA (v2) - 220 miles

Hole-filling splitter on the West-East US-30 between the Interstates and South-North US-23.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
US-30

To: North Huntingdon - Ronda Ct, PA - 219.4 miles
Diversion: 2.7 miles
To: North Huntingdon, PA (v2) - 220 miles

Hole-filling splitter on the West-East US-30 between the Interstates and South-North US-23.

The Philadelphia PA Urban Supercharger is fairly close to US-30 (couple of miles) and would be a closer choice than North Huntingdon. Shortens the distance to ~200 miles.