Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curtain Airbag Recall - 2021-22 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrComputer

TeslaClubLA President
Jan 29, 2009
Sherman Oaks, CA
I just received the following email from Tesla today about a recall for my Model X:

Tesla has decided to proactively recall certain model year 2021-2022 Model X vehicles to replace both front-row curtain airbag assemblies. Our manufacturing records indicate that your vehicle, 7SAXCBE60NF329XXX, is affected by this recall.

A front-row curtain airbag may interact with the a-pillar trim during deployment. In some cases, this interaction may cause airbag performance to not comply with regulatory standards when the front-row window is lowered. We are not aware of any injuries relating to this condition.

No immediate action is required, and you may continue to drive your car. Tesla will contact you to schedule a service appointment when parts become available in your area and replace the front-row curtain airbags free of charge.

Thank you for your support, and we apologize for this inconvenience.

Waiting on parts for this recall to make the 4 hour trip to the sevice center when a few other minor issues can be addressed.
Still having FWD closing problem and front turn signal lamps are loosely attatched.

Just an FYI I randomly put in a service request asking about the airbag recall, and they replied that they had them in stock and I had them replaced yesterday. So if you have a Model X and received the recall letter and never heard anything, put in a service request.