TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Custom 55" Snap-On Tesla Roadster Mechanic Tool Storage Cabinet

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by ThisoldRoadstr, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ThisoldRoadstr

#1 ThisoldRoadstr, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    I have an 11-Drawer 55" Classic Snap-On Tool Chest that was custom made with a Tesla Roadster theme. The chest has moved with me a few times, and has some minor chips and scraps (as seen in photos), it also needs a new rubber topper which cost about $50 - but overall it is in great condition, no dents. If you know snap-on tools you know that the tool storage systems are very expensive, this is the only custom Tesla system probably to exist in the world, I can't be completely sure - but I'm quite certain. I'm running out of space in my garage and would like to part with this tool chest.

This is an item that cannot be shipped through traditional means, it's hundreds and hundreds of pounds. If you'd want it shipped you have to arrange a moving company to move it, if you pick it up in person you'll need a ramp to get in on a truck.

Every car guy that has seen it has tried to buy it from me, and I've never budged in selling it; but as you've seen over the past month or two, I'm really pairing down my collection. I have been unloading different cars, parts, and memorabilia of collector cars, including Tesla. To have snap-on build you something similar would cost just shy of $8,000, as I remember. Make me a fair offer given that this is used and bumped and bruised slightly; it's one of those things you'll never see again.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. AudubonB

AudubonB Investing is fun!

Well...it would be the cheapest way I can see adding a Roadster to the garage...

3. tvuolo

tvuolo Supporting Member

Coolest thing I've seen all day! Unfortunately, I don't have a need.

4. ACA Man

ACA Man Member

What is your bottom number?

5. 2012MS85

2012MS85 Member

And where in the Midwest do you live?

6. ThisoldRoadstr

25-30 minutes west of Chicago.

7. ThisoldRoadstr

I was thinking it's worth 3500-4000

8. bart513

bart513 Active Member

Beautiful piece but where are all the tools? LOL

• Funny x 1
  9. ThisoldRoadstr

I'll include tools, price goes up slightly ;)

• Funny x 1
  10. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Is there anything you dont/didnt have for the roadster, its only a garage to you but its an alladins cave to the rest of us, saying that mine is the same for Porsche parts.

11. Don TLR

Don TLR Active Member

Slightly,, hahahaha I've got a Road Racing themed box filled with Snap-On tools, nothing slightly in it.. :D
    That's a sweet addition to anyone's fancy Tesla Themed Garage..

12. ThisoldRoadstr

I have Porsche too... Ha. Need anything?