Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom frunk led strip, does it ever turn off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed a frunk led strip in my '23 MYLR. it looks nice, but I'm concerned if might increase phantom drain? I did an experiment with my phone camera in the frunk, i left the phone recording for five minutes with the frunk closed. The led light never turned off. I'm considering if that is significant cost in phantom drain or not. Maybe i would see it turn off if i left the car for 20' to let the car go into a deeper sleep state? On the other hand, it is drawing power from the frunk emergency button, that emergency button maybe is required to stay on at all times since im assuming it's called an emergency button because it would let a dwarf or small child escape if someone locked them inside right?

I built my own. tapped to the 2 wires directly. Not sure if it has to do with the power frunk.
Ah I see. Yeah don’t know. The other ones usually have a ground wire connected to the car body in addition to the pigtail from the emergency light. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but I suspect since you’re solely using that button which stays on, that’s why.