Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Route Mapping Feature for FSD Beta Drives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's Navigation map software has a chance to be innovative by allowing a user to customize their own routes when FSD is enabled. We all have our preferred routes to get to and from familiar destinations that the current navigation route does not map out. That said, I do see potential for Tesla to add the ability for a user to chart their own path once they engage FSD. I often have to disengage FSD beta as I approach my house as the navigation map takes me through the busier route instead of the less traveled back roads.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this feature or have seen threads with a similar train of thought? I could not find any when using the search button on this forum.

With non beta, after setting destination, I just hold my finger on the road I want it to take and add a “stop” along the way I want to go. Not too much of an inconvenience. I’d like an option like Apple Maps does where it shows you 3 routes to choose from. But I have a feeling that won’t happen. Elon seems to prefer less interaction. Get in the car, set destination, and go.