Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that stop signs are shown on the map, on my way home from work there's a stretch of semi-rural roadway that has no stop sign posted but shows a stop sign on the map. Interestingly, it (correctly) doesn't slow down there, and the other day once it passed that section the stop sign disappeared from the map. I'd never noticed that before.

On the other hand, I was driving through a stretch of neighborhood somewhere where there was a visible, posted stop sign that was not on the map. FSD recognized it and drew it on the console display...but the car just proceeded to start blowing through the intersection (good thing I intervened!)
This is consistent with what we have been told: Tesla uses one set of maps for the display, but different maps for driving. One feature I would like is the option to display the driving map, rather than the pretty map.

This is consistent with what we have been told: Tesla uses one set of maps for the display, but different maps for driving. One feature I would like is the option to display the driving map, rather than the pretty map.

The driving map is most likely not graphical. It is probably just a database with things like GPS coordinates and road information (number of lanes, stop sign locations, etc.).