Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customize alert settings when you own 2 teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, my wife drives a Model Y, I drive a Model 3. Each of us are connected to both cars. When my wife is at work, she doesn't want to be alerted when my car charge is interrupted and vice versa. Is there a way to turn off specific notifications, e.g., charge interrupt, for each car, while at the same time both of us still maintain connectivity to both cars? When I turn off the alert for "charge interrupt" on my wife's car (so I don't get notified), it turns it off for my car also. Trying to figure out how to turn off for just one car.

Have you tried doing the following?

1. Open tesla app, select one of the vehicles
2. Scroll down and select SETTINGS (settings menu opens, which shows calendar sync, vehicle, and energy products if you have any)
3. Select VEHICLE (Vehicle menu opens
4. At the top of this menu, "Vehicles enabled" shows up
5. Toggle vehicle notification off in this menu.

Now, what I dont know is, does this turn it off for the other person as well, or is it just for the phone you are on? I dont know this (I dont work for tesla or anything, TMC is not affiliated with tesla in any official capacity and I am a volunteer here). Try this on each phone and toggle the appropriate car off and see if that works (and let us know if it does).

I have two tesla vehicles but we both want both notifications so I dont have any desire to toggle this off.

Have you tried doing the following?

1. Open tesla app, select one of the vehicles
2. Scroll down and select SETTINGS (settings menu opens, which shows calendar sync, vehicle, and energy products if you have any)
3. Select VEHICLE (Vehicle menu opens
4. At the top of this menu, "Vehicles enabled" shows up
5. Toggle vehicle notification off in this menu.

Now, what I dont know is, does this turn it off for the other person as well, or is it just for the phone you are on? I dont know this (I dont work for tesla or anything, TMC is not affiliated with tesla in any official capacity and I am a volunteer here). Try this on each phone and toggle the appropriate car off and see if that works (and let us know if it does).

I have two tesla vehicles but we both want both notifications so I dont have any desire to toggle this off.
I'll give that a try when I get home. Thank you!!

Reactions: jjrandorin