Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CV axle boot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dose anyone know what the inside diameter of the axle boots are, on a 2013 S 85, for the rear CV joints ?

The driver side, rear wheel walked out due to a broken lower control arm and the inner CV joint at the drive unit separated, destroying the boot only. The axle is still fine but I need to find an appropriate boot to repair the issue.

See image below:

Attachments

• Tesla Axle Boot.png
    Tesla Axle Boot.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 295
Dose anyone know what the inside diameter of the axle boots are, on a 2013 S 85, for the rear CV joints ?

The driver side, rear wheel walked out due to a broken lower control arm and the inner CV joint at the drive unit separated, destroying the boot only. The axle is still fine but I need to find an appropriate boot to repair the issue.

Did you ever find a source or did you wind up buying the entire half shaft for a $12 broken piece of rubber?

I'm looking for a replacement boot for a M3 AWD front axle. Did anyone ever find a source? A rodent chewed a small hole in the boot and it seems crazy that the only option from Tesla is to replace the axle.
Hi, I have same issue. I need to replace front axle inner boot on my M3LR. Did you find any suitable alternative? By the way, this inner boot is not circular inside due to tripod profile

i was able to find a matching boot for X (from European car tho) on eBay for ~$30, front outer.
down side is slow shipping..
i just measured the outer/inner diameters n length of original boot/axle (+/- 1mm in diameter should still work)
Febi 100305
28.9/85/116 mm (oem is ~ 28/85/115 give or take)

Reactions: Poblex and shawndh1