Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck wrapped like a F150, also sneak peak under the frunk.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, I think it's brilliant.
This does a far better job of hiding the shape than those pixelated squiggly wraps most companies use on their pre-launch models to try and fool cameras. Because your brain has a hard time seeing through the wrap shape you're so familiar with.
Obviously, the angle matters. It's less effective from behind. But still pretty good from the side and front.

Are these real fears? Where you live people really care about what car you drive and do things just because it's a Tesla?

Yes. It's not just "where I live" but all over the country. There are frequent photos on reddit or facebook or twitter of trucks ICEing superchargers and rolling coal.

I've seen videos of people keying Teslas, but it happens to every car...Tesla just has a camera.

Just because there's a camera doesn't make the keying any better. The cars are still being vandalized and having a camera doesn't automatically mean you can track down the culprit. It still results in thousands of dollars of damages.

Yes. It's not just "where I live" but all over the country. There are frequent photos on reddit or facebook or twitter of trucks ICEing superchargers and rolling coal.
There have been a hand full of trucks taking pictures at SCs that have been re-posted...If you are talking about people just parking in SC spots, it depends on the context. I've been to many SCs that aren't posted that the spots are only for charging. They are located in parking lots and are fair game. I've even seen some in Florida that say non-charging parking for 20 min max or something similar, meaning anyone can park there for 20 min.

"Rolling coal" happens to everyone....literally, everyone. Tesla owners seem sensitive.

Last edited:
Sensitive indeed. EV hate is real in Portland, OR and the Northwest. Coal rolled at least once a month, sometimes dangerously so. I had a truck chase me and act agressively off and on for over 8 miles on my way to work. Swerving, coal rolling, hard braking. I slowed down and exited the interstate behind it and they stopped backed down the freeway to follow. Called the police but none available as per the routine so I just floored it and had to escape the situation with speed. All that just for driving an EV. Charging spots are frequently iced especially at non-Tesla chargers but also at Superchargers. This is a side effect of extreme politics in my opinion, and we have a lot of that in the Northwest.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Sensitive indeed. EV hate is real in Portland, OR and the Northwest. Coal rolled at least once a month, sometimes dangerously so. I had a truck chase me and act agressively off and on for over 8 miles on my way to work. Swerving, coal rolling, hard braking. I slowed down and exited the interstate behind it and they stopped backed down the freeway to follow. Called the police but none available as per the routine so I just floored it and had to escape the situation with speed. All that just for driving an EV. Charging spots are frequently iced especially at non-Tesla chargers but also at Superchargers. This is a side effect of extreme politics in my opinion, and we have a lot of that in the Northwest.
Where I live, no one gives a *sugar* what kind of car you drive other than asking if it's fast or not. I've had 1 person ask me if I was a Democrat and they weren't aggressive. I've been coal rolled in my F150, the people who drive those types of trucks do it to everyone, seemingly targeting clean/expensive cars.

I think a lot of people assume acts are targeted towards Tesla and while some may be, most are just people being idiots who would target anything. Mercedes/BMW get keyed all of the time.

Well, good for you. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen for everyone else. Stop projecting. Although you can deny it all you like, Tesla hate is REAL.
If you say so.

You are assigning hate or motivations for your perceived hate.

Likely it's in the middle, some places there are some acts directly targeting Tesla, but not widespread.

Whatever dude, they're not anecdotes -- they are things many of us see or experience everyday. You are trying to prove a negative. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Some people see racism or sexism in every single instance of life. Does that make it reality? I don't agree with your premise that there's widespread Tesla hate or targeted activities. There may be some, sure, but you've provided no proof there is, just as I've provided no proof there isn't. We both have the same legitumacy in our arguments and viewpoints.

I laugh at the idiots purposely rolling Coal. I think to myself that motor isn't going to last very long. The moron is going to have a very large repair bill when the Pistons and Bearings come apart. The Guy across the street from me had an injector stick open on his Diesel and that thing smoked like a tire fire. Luckly no engine damage.