Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Damage to Model S - Starting Repair Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My less than 7 month old 2017 Model S Tesla is in need of repairs due to flying debris this past weekend on the Interstate.

I was cruising along one of the major interstates and see a quick flash of something, followed by a slam. I initially thought I ran over something and possible damage to the front left drivers side tire/wheel well. When I finally was off the highway I was surprised to see the damage was centered around the drivers side headlight, hood, front panel. In addition the driver assistance options were no longer working.

I called my insurance company (Country Financial) the next morning and after a few minutes discussion it was decided it would be best to take it into shop before appraiser takes a look because they may not be aware of all the possible issues due to the scarcity of Tesla's vs. other vehicles.

I now have an appointment tomorrow to take the vehicle to the auto body shop that the St. Louis Missouri Tesla service center recommended - which is about a 45 minute drive from my home (per Tesla service center there is only one certified auto body for Tesla work but after looking it up on Tesla's website it appears two).

I have to say I am dreading this whole process because of the current stories I have read regarding long wait times, insurance companies not paying hourly labor rates, etc.

I'll keep folks updated as I work through the process.

Meant to include a few photos:

83202AC9-4823-4D6E-86C6-914CCF45BD22.jpeg
66DE4AD0-792F-48FB-9225-CC11E774CE0C.jpeg
10A261C7-5091-45B0-B22B-725CAA8D5874.jpeg