TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Dark Grey Turbines

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by digitalboi, Apr 26, 2018.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I'm not sure why you keep doing this.

I said I enjoy the acceleration on on-ramps. You imply that that is somehow an illegal activity. I explain that it's surely not.

Then you give me another lecture about something barely related to the discussion trying to prove some point that wasn't even being discussed.

There are HUGE differences between P and non-P cars. Different rear motors, higher duty inverters, and most importantly, a significantly higher max power output to the motors. My friend's 90D is like a completely different car in terms of low speed acceleration compared to my P85D. Not even close.

Please, if you have something relevant to say, say it. But stop the lectures. thank you.

• Like x 1
  2. Sunshine State

Sunshine State Automotive Enthusiast

I keep posting because I address what you post. Stop the lectures? You should take you own advice. You have rambled on in other threads about how the discontinued + cars are so spectacular and how others can’t drive. Tesla is in the business to sell cars, if it works and sells it stays in production, if it doesn’t work or is not popular they drop if. They sell staggered wheels because some customers like them and they do offer visual and small performance benefits, they sell spoilers and different colors for the same visual benefits, some features have benefits, others just look cool, some are both. I did not imply that acceleration up an on ramp is in anyway an illegal activity if done safely. You are surely a very confused person. You are lecturing the differences between between at P and non P which almost anyone on this forum is aware. I read how your old high mile BMW M5 is somehow a handling car which by today’s standards is not, I get that you like old car but it is irrelevant. I clearly said that there is not much difference between a 90D and a P90D acceleration AFTER 20 mph, that is where they are very close, that is on ramp speed. The biggest difference in acceleration is off the line which is well documented, again what I’m saying, if you read, is that any Tesla owner can enjoy the trill of acceleration on an entry ramp. You said that the on ramp is where you enjoy the "P" of your P85D, I was pointing out that on ramp power isn’t exclusive to P cars. Owners of a P are not somehow in an exclusive club that only they can enjoy on ramp acceleration.

• Informative x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Most on-ramps that I know of and use around here from 0mph right off a stop sign or traffic light. Surely not 20 mph and up.

I'd also take issue with the 20mph number. It's more like 40mph where the P cars start to trail off. When I'm accelerating like that, the energy meter is pegged at or over 320kW well over 40mph. You can't do that in a non-P car.

Maybe I have, but I don't keep moving the goal posts when my arguments fall apart, like what you keep doing. I also don't understand this "others can't drive" comment.

• Informative x 1
  4. Sunshine State

I’m not sure about moving the goal posts when you have failed arguments, you are the one that claims that 265 rear tires offer as you claim in capital letters "ZERO benefits" and that someone can’t see a difference in tire size visually. You claim advanced year drivers have issues

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Those things are true. Want to see dashcam video of these drivers? It happens almost everyday. If staggered tires (the actual topic at hand) offer zero perceivable performance differences, that counts as "zero benefits" to me.

6. Sunshine State

#46 Sunshine State, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Ok I’ll accept that you can’t perceive any difference. Plus, I would have been fine with you saying you were not able to perceive any difference in the first place.

7. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Banned

// looks around //
    // thought it was a FS thread for wheels //
    // leaves //

• Funny x 3
  8. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

It was.

Then it wasn't.

:)

• Funny x 1
  9. Jr Fallon

Jr Fallon Member

So these are sold??? I live near Orlando and would get them tomorrow ( 21 in rims)

Joel Fallon

10. Target

Target Supporting Member

They were sold all the way back at post 14...

• Funny x 2
  11. bnsfengineer

bnsfengineer Member

Can't we All just get along!:D