Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Das Tesla Geschaeft in Muenchen (Munich Store)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors Munich Store Opening Event Featured Organic Beer And Cars

Many guests were just having fun watching the test Tesla cars charging silently into traffic - including me.
The Tesla Store is located in the center of Munich near Viktualienmarkt. For some reason lots of gas guzzler sport cars drove by the store yesterday night burning a lot of rubber - electric drive envy?
Overall the Tesla Motors Munich opening was a fun event. The only complain I heard was that there were no celebrities in attendance. I guess they will come to the store if they can afford a Tesla Roadster, because it is very sexy to "zip, zip".

Tesla Motors Munich Store Opening Event Featured Organic Beer And Cars - Photo Gallery
IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

My Photos of the Tesla Munich Store Opening Event are online.
Tesla Munich Store Opening - a set on Flickr
More experienced persons might link to the real interesting pictures.
I could not get my eyes (& camera) off from the white VIN #17, as this "black/white" is my color combination (when I sometimes will receive my car). In reality it looks much nicer than at the photos. ;-)

Here are the news / pictures of new things included:

• Hardtops will not come with the first EU cars. Now its the turn for the longer waiting extra paying US hardtops
  • GSM data transfer (as in the US on the 2.0) is in thesting phase. The EU car is capable of it, problem is the carrier network infrastructure (I guess roaming, etc.)
  • EU signature edition badging
  • official charging numbers in the EU are: 30A and 60A - they want to reintoduce a modified version of the HPC in spring. And providing a "document for the grid provider" to allow installation. Hmm. Will see.
  • There is a special, very difficult to see new EU front licence plate "holder"
  • Photo of the official EU Mobile connector. My internal codename will be: "The Brick".
  • Photo of this MC shows a blue connector 3 pole. As last decision, they will change this blue connector to the red 5-pole one.
  • The base model of the roadster got cheaper. For 5k. Now starting at EUR 84k.

My relatives in Munich didn't make it to the opening (what? WHAT?) but they did stop by the next day and took lots of pictures for me. Here's two. First is a charging location apparently across the street. Second is the rather lonely looking showroom.

Craig Davis did apparently talk to them at length, and I have a few pictures of them with a tiny orange (e.g. Matchbox sized) Tesla Roadster :)

Last edited:
My relatives in Munich didn't make it to the opening (what? WHAT?) but they did stop by the next day and took lots of pictures for me. Here's two. First is a charging location apparently across the street. Second is the rather lonely looking showroom.

Craig Davis did apparently talk to them at length, and I have a few pictures of them with a tiny orange (e.g. Matchbox sized) Tesla Roadster :)

Hey it's nice to see that they are using 100% renewable energy for the charging station :)