Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen other dash cam playback footage showing the front, and sides at the same time. Firstly, I use an iMac. On mine, I have to choose whether I view the front or the left side or right side. How do I show all three at once? Also, when I open my USB, there are two different types of folders shown. One is a quick time player with the quicktime folder displayed on the left, the other is a picture of an actual frame of the movie. When I click on the quicktime folder I get this message: "QuickTime Player can't open 2019-06-29-_16-34-51-right_repeater.mp4". Why can't I open it?

Can some one tell me why my dash cam recent videos folder has a bunch of 1 kb files?
Sentry folder and Save folder video files are okay. Just recent folder with all my video file are 1 kb. I have some clips are are okay but most are just 1 kb files

I have a 128 GB card. Two partitions. 1st partition is 32 GB the rest are my mp3 files on the second partition.
I try using formatted my 32 GB partition as Fat 32.
Done this twice now.

Can some one tell me why my dash cam recent videos folder has a bunch of 1 kb files?
Sentry folder and Save folder video files are okay. Just recent folder with all my video file are 1 kb. I have some clips are are okay but most are just 1 kb files

I have a 128 GB card. Two partitions. 1st partition is 32 GB the rest are my mp3 files on the second partition.
I try using formatted my 32 GB partition as Fat 32.
Done this twice now.
Before you pull your USB drive out of the USB port, do this: Press and hold the dashcam icon for about two seconds. Now wait for about five seconds. You'll see the red dot on the camera icon go away. This means that the car is no longer writing an active data stream to the USB drive. At this point, you can now safely remove the USB drive.

When you *don't* do this, you are removing a USB stick that has an active data stream being written to it, and it will corrupt the files (it's actually corrupting the disk's directory, but the result is corrupt files) and the most common result of this is files that are 1k in length.

Before you pull your USB drive out of the USB port, do this: Press and hold the dashcam icon for about two seconds. Now wait for about five seconds. You'll see the red dot on the camera icon go away. This means that the car is no longer writing an active data stream to the USB drive. At this point, you can now safely remove the USB drive.

When you *don't* do this, you are removing a USB stick that has an active data stream being written to it, and it will corrupt the files (it's actually corrupting the disk's directory, but the result is corrupt files) and the most common result of this is files that are 1k in length.

Thanks for the tips. I believed I've done this already. Currently testing two different micro usb card. I am using the micro usb card that inserted to a USB stick. Was working before. I just formatted both card using black vue software fat 32 and will test both cards.