Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam time stamp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My saved video files are named with Pacific time, while I am on Eastern time. I just reviewed a bunch of captured files today from my driveway while an electrician was installing my 14-50 outlet. They are named 3 hours before they were captured. I assumed this was because Sentry files are supposedly uploaded to Tesla to safeguard in case USB is stolen (which is on Pacific time). Not sure if this is accurate (will be a storage and LTE use nightmare for Tesla).

My saved video files are named with Pacific time, while I am on Eastern time. I just reviewed a bunch of captured files today from my driveway while an electrician was installing my 14-50 outlet. They are named 3 hours before they were captured. I assumed this was because Sentry files are supposedly uploaded to Tesla to safeguard in case USB is stolen (which is on Pacific time). Not sure if this is accurate (will be a storage and LTE use nightmare for Tesla).

Correction: the file name has local time. The “Date Modified” is Pacific time.

I know there's been claims about that, but pretty sure folks who've been monitoring network traffic with Sentry engaged haven't found that to actually be happening.

The timestamps on the directories seems to be local... We should simply ignore the UTC timestamps on the files.

Not just that, the way Tesla stores videos is not optimal for quick viewing (full of small 1-minute videos, the three cameras in three different files ...).

There is an Android App called TeslaCam Viewer on the PlayStore, you plug in your flash drive in your phone with an OTG adapter and you can watch the recorded videos side by side and well organised and by local date !

• Disagree
Reactions: trmmcd