Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam unavailable check usb drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting this message now and I know the drive is good. Someone said it had to do with the car sleeping at night with sentry off and preconditioning has fixed the problem in the morning and it seemed better but today it was working and then later in the evening I got the X on the dash cam again. Anyone else figure it out?

You mean your drive has enough space yet you are getting this message? What year and variant is your Model 3?
2019 Performance. Yes, drive is empty. I even reformatted. It seems to be an issue with the software as the drive appears to be fine, but the car is timing it out or something, its just really frustrating when it goes out randomly.

Just finished my mobile service, the tech said that he gets these all the time, its never older cars with USB in arm rest/cup holder center console, and its never newer ones with USB in the glove compartment. He said its always the models (3 and Y) that have the USB under the phone charging pads. He said that he has replaced two USB hubs just today before getting to me (part number FRONT(1522264-00-B)) and he said that from what he has seen that fixes the issue.
One thing that was a bit discouraging is that I was hoping they fixed something in HW to prevent this from happening. One that was pulled out of mine was "Rev 1" it states on the sticker, but he showed me the other two from earlier today that he pulled out and they are "Rev 2". So the issue is not necessarily resolved for the future.

Ill report back if replacing the hub fixes it. (my MCU was already replaced (for another issue) and didnt fix it).

Fix was covered under warranty but before warranty was determined the cost to replace was like $250

Reactions: Doc_Hudson
It’s not the drive is solid.
Just finished my mobile service, the tech said that he gets these all the time, its never older cars with USB in arm rest/cup holder center console, and its never newer ones with USB in the glove compartment. He said its always the models (3 and Y) that have the USB under the phone charging pads. He said that he has replaced two USB hubs just today before getting to me (part number FRONT(1522264-00-B)) and he said that from what he has seen that fixes the issue.
One thing that was a bit discouraging is that I was hoping they fixed something in HW to prevent this from happening. One that was pulled out of mine was "Rev 1" it states on the sticker, but he showed me the other two from earlier today that he pulled out and they are "Rev 2". So the issue is not necessarily resolved for the future.

Ill report back if replacing the hub fixes it. (my MCU was already replaced (for another issue) and didnt fix it).

Fix was covered under warranty but before warranty was determined the cost to replace was like $250
One a and one c port. Is that what you have?

I started to have this after the recent FSD update. It happen only if the car goes to sleep.in my case only happen at home since I don't use sentry there. A reboot fixed the issue so far on my case. Seems to be sw related IMHO.
Mine has happened at other times too although maybe after it sat in the garage later in the day, doing precondition in the morning seems to have solved it at night.

No way. I used an adapter. The other guy car came with those ports. Mobile is changing stuff for the sake of changing. My cam worked fine all day yesterday and now. If a part was faulty that wouldn’t be the case. I think it’s software

Reactions: Ezmendriz