Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash screen is gone...then all white...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got into my 85D today after a 2 hour meeting. The dashboard screen was completely black.
So I did a reset (holding down both thumb wheels). After the reset the dash screen was bright white. I could see the normal on-screen items "behind" the white screen. Kind of like the screen was super bright but the displayed items are still there- just hard to see them.

After a minute or 2 the white slowly starts to fade away. After about 10 minutes the screen looks normal again.

Anyone ever have this issue before?

V2.18.77

Mike

So I did a reset (holding down both thumb wheels). After the reset the dash screen was bright white. I could see the normal on-screen items "behind" the white screen. Kind of like the screen was super bright but the displayed items are still there- just hard to see them.

After a minute or 2 the white slowly starts to fade away. After about 10 minutes the screen looks normal again.

Anyone ever have this issue before?
Once, with an earlier version of the software. I can't remember how long ago, but at least a couple of months back and I've never seen it again since. I think I saw a mention of it in one other thread, but that's all I can recall.

I don't remember why I'd had to reboot in the first place, but I don't think it was for having a blank display.

ETA: Found the other thread: Instrument Planel - Yellow Haze/reduced resolution

Happening to my car now. Have had to reset the displays daily but mostly in the afternoon after sitting in the hot weather and not as much leaving from the garage in the morning. Screen has been black mostly but this afternoon i got the white screen that didn't change back to normal.

12v battery low also has now popped up

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpeg
    IMG_7318.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 100