TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Instrument Planel - Yellow Haze/reduced resolution

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bcampbelllds, Apr 7, 2016.

1. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Dec 19, 2015
    North Dallas, Texas
    Had a strange issue with my 2015 MS P85D with 9,200 miles. The instrument panel started up with a yellow haze around the entire panel and the graphics appeared to loose resolution. See picture. I tried to hard restart the panel by holding down the top two buttons on the steering wheel, but it did not have an effect. It wasn't until I was home and plugged in the car for 30 minutes that the issue stopped and the panel went back to normal. Has any one experienced a similar issue?

Attached Files:

2. dcopperfield

dcopperfield Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Bothell, WA
    yep, same issue here. 2015 90D. Service center in Bellevue said it was firmware issue that would be resolved in 7.2
  3. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

Apr 29, 2015
    Puyallup, WA
    Had that happen once after rebooting the instrument panel display (I don't remember why right now). I'd describe it more like if the brightness was cranked up way past a reasonable maximum level. I didn't do anything to fix the problem, but it did slowly fade back to an appropriate brightness level.