Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t seen this issue particularly but yesterday when I pulled the SSD to get some footage off I noticed the ‘recent’ was full of 240 empty videos - each had a time stamp from the current day and were 595 bytes each. I had hoped to get a clip from after the point I saved one from the day before but it looks to have been overwritten with all these empty ones

Is that always like that? The car would have been parked up all day without sentry mode in so it’s weird. And despite a big SSD (that I’d recently cleaned out) it had only stored 240 clips

I suppose I should give an update.

They advised that the memory stick was faulty and replaced it with a "known good one", I also note I am now running 2022.16.3

What I will say is that I don't seem to be getting the red X on the dash-cam icon or the errors, one was to check the usb drive and the other complaining about speed.

But I am still finding clips are not being saved as they should, additionally, there was footage on the usb when I collected my car, which did not play properly, would just stutter and reset continually. Now as this was a new or at least a "known good" usb stick, I would have thought any footage on there would not have had any issues.

I reported it again as soon as I got home following the service visit by replying to the messages relating to the service but haven't heard back. I guess I'll need to open a new request and go through the whole, remove it and reformat it nonsense again before they actually do anything.

On a positive note, I now have charge stats showing on my app, which I didn't before.

Reactions: doats1