Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam footage of rear end collision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to be this guy...
But the warning sound was a lot different than I’ve experienced it to be. Never ever heard it in this deep tone... it sounded muddled, almost recorded and played back?
Could it be that it was added in to place blame on the fact that the car didn’t apply braking yet detecting a collision?

I get the tone when someone in front is turning right and I'm probably following to close or definitely not braking. It happens to my AP-1 car quite a bit under 40. I am assuming at some lower speeds, if no way out of the problem the system will start to brake and maneuver slightly at those speeds.

Have wanted to test it myself in a non-damaging way, you bet in various scenarios.

Closest I came to needing AEB it did kick in last second
I was on the freeway in stop and go traffic when I first got the car, I admit to being stupid enough to look for a split second to long at a touch screen I was not familiar enough with yet and the loud beeps went off, I looked up at the same time I hit the brakes and felt I had enough time to stop but AEB thought otherwise, I felt the car braking harder than I was and we came to a stop well before I thought where we would have ended up without that additional braking applied, Have my FCW set to early and do not mind the occasional warning when not needed