Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam installation for the Model X in Toronto/GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After looking at some reviews, I was thinking of buying the Blackvue DR650S-2CH to be installed in my Model X AP2.0. I'm not comfortable in installing the front and rear dashcam myself so I was wondering if there was any recommended company that can install it for me in the Toronto/GTA area?

Also, can anyone else here recommended a front and rear dashcam besides the Blackvue? Or is Blackvue one of the best ones on the market right now?

Thanks!

I'm also interested in a good place for GTA dashcam installs for the Model X (or the Model S). The closest I've been able to figure for the X is in Southern California! I see a ton of Xs and Ss in the GTA - there must be someone who's had this installed professionally. Maybe if we ask real nice

Hell, I would be willing to do a Model S for $ 100.- + lunch. I have done three installations ( including mine ).
Take look here: Mods
I elected to connect to the fuse box instead of a wire in the camera cavity. This way Tesla Service has no problem if camera replacement or service is required.

Hayzen - thanks for the info. You mentioned you have an X and the dashcam install was for the X. How do you feel the install is now that you've had a few days to quality check it? I'm wondering about the wiring up the giant front windshield up the conduit from the rearview mirror up to the roof. Does it look seemless?

Reactions: rentmyx
Hayzen - thanks for the info. You mentioned you have an X and the dashcam install was for the X. How do you feel the install is now that you've had a few days to quality check it? I'm wondering about the wiring up the giant front windshield up the conduit from the rearview mirror up to the roof. Does it look seemless?
Yes wondering the same thing, looking for someone to do mine inside the windshield conduit....any luck finding ayone?

Hey rentmyx and wallstguy: Haven't heard anything new on the X install. Let's keep posting here if we have any updates. We have a gazillion Teslas in the GTA. I'm sure someone will have had it installled professionally. If I end up with spare time this summer I might try to do it myself. But prefer not to for now.

Hey rentmyx and wallstguy: Haven't heard anything new on the X install. Let's keep posting here if we have any updates. We have a gazillion Teslas in the GTA. I'm sure someone will have had it installled professionally. If I end up with spare time this summer I might try to do it myself. But prefer not to for now.

An S here, but I'm interested too.

I paid $800 total (Cdn and includes taxes) including @3 hours for installation (hourly charges). I had the DR650S-2CH (front and back cameras installed). There is a Tim Horton's/Wendy right across the street if you need to wait around the area.

Oh I also ordered the 128 GB SD card from Blackvue directly. It was 115 US (including shipping). The included SD card was too small as I wanted to save video for a longer period of time.
The "impact detected" while parking is really useful for ensuring nothing happens when you leave the car parked. I find the impact detected while driving gets triggered quite a lot (even at the lowest settings). Maybe a reflection of driving style:)

It is connected directly to the Tesla battery. I leave it at the airport and overall battery drain @ 1-2% per day.

I use the Android and Iphone apps to monitor the real-time feeds often (the Android app used to crash all the time but they fixed it).

• Informative
Reactions: iKhalid
No that isn't my car in the video - but mine does have black rims also :) you may be able to see the blackvue dashcam under the rear view mirror. When parked it shows the blinking LED light (this can be disabled).

20170520_121052.jpg