Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashtop replacement on a Raven. Cost and diy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rejected a used Raven Model X from Tesla this morning. I tried searching but couldn't find directly what I needed and also need to find out ASAP in case I should reconsider accepting the car.

There was a large 3.5" diameter circle on top of the dash top that was noticeably puckered and discolored. There had been a phone mount there that ruined the dash. I felt it didn't meet their used condition spec for interior ("wear on interior panels including markings, discoloration, small tears or stains up to 1inch"). They said it's normal wear and tear :rolleyes:. They refused to remedy. Before I lose the car, anyone know what a replacement would cost and if it's an easy DIY?

There was also a deep door ding right in the middle of the driver's door that was in spec but pretty bad. Definitely should have been PDR'd because it's so conspicuous. I'm familiar with that though and was something I was willing to get done myself. Otherwise, the condition was fine. There was a 75D for delivery next to it that seemed noticeably better condition though 🫤.