Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Data Sharing Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update titled Data Sharing popped-up on my display a few weeks ago and I am unable to get rid of.
I scrolled down, check off the 3 options and then click Accept All, and the screen disappeared only to reappear again when I shut the car down and restarted it again.
I did this numerous time and I also rebooted the display, checked Accept All but the same thing continues to happen.
Currently, I am unable to scroll up or down so I can't click Accept All and the only way I can get the screen to disappear is to click on Controls or some other software function.
I can't contact Tesla so any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Bob

Attachments

• Tesla update.jpg
    Tesla update.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
I suggest trying what was mentioned by @outofcontrol in post #7 here:

Reactions: outofcontrol
Thank you again for your help JJ.
My vehicle has a mind of it's own.
I check off only one of the options and when I tried to scroll down, nothing happened.
I exited and re-enter the car, I rebooted the display, but the page that I posted keeps reappearing every time I enter the vehicle.
I wish I can contact Tesla but that option is not available with Tesla.
Thank you again for helping me out JJ
Bob

Hello Kraus.
I have used the app numerous times and have opened several requests with Tesla but it's not as easy as it should be, being direct to article that don't address my question. I also once drove to the dealership and they didn't want to talk to me (help me) unless I had an appointment.
So it's not as easy as it would be with Ford, GM, Lexus, Infinite, BMW, Toyota,.........
I'll give it another try and don't expect a positive outcome.
Bob

Hey guys.
I have an update on my issue.
Tesla service is going to be here next week to reset 12v software that they determined was causing the issue.
We'll see, as you can image, it's been VERY annoying being that it's been going on for roughly 2 months
Bob

Glad you are getting some action on this.

And if it is a 12V issue, it is good that you found out this way (annoying but still able to be used) rather than some major Found On Road Dead scenario with the car refusing to operate.

Thank you Sue,
I didn't know that the vehicle had a 12v battery, I thought that it only had a "monster" size battery
Live and learn. hopefully, switching out the 12v will not only correct the Data sharing issue for some of the other software issues that I have been experiencing

Hello again guys.
I had an appointment scheduled at the Tesla center for tomorrow and when I started my car yesterday, everything worked properly for the first time in months.
I don't know if Tesla made some software changes to my vehicle, they didn't respond when I told them what happened and asked if they made any changes.
But Tesla is not know for service which is the worst of any car manufacturer.
But I'm glad that the issue is resolved and am disappointment to know how it was resolved, in case it happens again
Bob