Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Day 4 plastic fade???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On top of all the other issues I woke up to this. Any clue what this may be?

Attachments

• PXL_20201001_193729852.jpg
    PXL_20201001_193729852.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 214
Honestly looks like the retailer got some wax/polish on the plastic and then it dried. Do you have any rubber/vinyl cleaner? There are a lot of different products out there that should take this off and keep the plastic looking nice and rich. I personally use Chemical Guys Silk Shine, but there are many brands that do the same thing

Honestly looks like the retailer got some wax/polish on the plastic and then it dried. Do you have any rubber/vinyl cleaner? There are a lot of different products out there that should take this off and keep the plastic looking nice and rich. I personally use Chemical Guys Silk Shine, but there are many brands that do the same thing

I read that black shoe shine may help too. It's weird how it was fine when I picked up the car and all of a sudden showed up out of nowhere.

there is another thread where people are talking about car washes potentially causing this... window trim and wheel well

The garbage instant-super-spray-shine wax in the touchless washes definitely causes this kind of thing. If you have to take your car through those things (nod to everyone in the real winter zone), choose the lowest program to just clean the car and not spray this crap on it - do your own waxing. Applies to any car, not just a Tesla.