Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC Area Members?

Where should Tesla open the DC Area store?

• Arlington

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dulles

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • DC

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • MD

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, looks like I can join you. I want to say that I'll bring #408, but now I'm not sure if it is safe to drive or what. Hopefully the notice from Tesla will clarify somewhat.

Excellent. I'll be sure to bring my camera now.

Call Tesla and ask if there's some test you can do to assure yourself that it's safe. Like yank on the top of the wheel when parked. Maybe it's not that obvious. But that's something they do during Autocross tech inspections to test for loose wheel hubs.

Yeah, I would imagine that if it was jacked-up on a rear wheel, you should be able to feel play by grabbing the wheel @ 6 & 9 and giving it a push/pull. Ideally you'd want to try both sides, I'm sure...

But if you ring up any of their employees, I'm sure they'd give you the red/green light.

Hurray for one more attendee! Possibly bringing the voltage along!

We can do it next time. This one...

Royal Mile Pub

Only problem is parking. It's a block away as part of a strip mall and usually quite full. The parking situation detracts from making this a good meetup. Unless it's more about the food, in which case this place is great.

Also, Wheaton isn't a high end neighborhood (if you care about that). There are parts of Bethesda, Chevy Chase, or Potomac that would be better for that. Or all the way up in Columbia where I live.

Last edited:
Oh the fun we had!

So did we set a place and time? did I miss it are we waiting for BB to be able to drive ?!?!?!

Yes, yes, and no :) BB swung over with his psychedelic paint job (beautiful car). He and TDave were there and in discussion before my wife & I showed-up. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Sounds like the next meet-up will be in MD, so you missed-out on the close one!

You missed it, dude. We all took turns doing donuts in BB's car in the parking lot, and then down the street besting Porsche's at stop lights. It was a blast. :D

Just kidding ... except that you did indeed miss it.

I also have photos to post, once I find time.

Teg: well, Lotus called the color Prism Green, and besides, there's always the other meaning for green which fits as well. From the driver's seat, the view of the fenders is almost always a deep emerald green.

TDave: I'm not sure about dinner. Are you thinking before or after? I'll prolly have time after, but not too sure about before. It's a long way from where I work in Westminster to Bethesda.

If fact, the drive home today was a bit scary. The weather forecast was "30% chance of isolated thunderstorms". In Westminster that translated into "afternoon thunderstorms for hours and hours with torrential rains, power outages and flash flooding". It was nice in the morning, so I drove the Roadster, based the 70% chance of good weather.

Although I drove through the worst of it as slowly as I could, the Roadster got a bit too wet in the undercarriage. First I got an "Isolation Failure Warning", then a "BPM Isolation Failure Fault", then a third similar message. The Roadster kept going, so I continued home. There were no functional problems, just the ominous sounding messages.

When I turned the car off, before even removing the key, the faults all cleared. I think it's ok, but I'll be driving the SUV tomorrow (more stormy weather on the way), and I'll call Tesla to see what they recommend. I'm not even putting it on the charger tonight. I want to at least let it dry out a bit first.

TDave: I'm not sure about dinner. Are you thinking before or after? I'll prolly have time after, but not too sure about before. It's a long way from where I work in Westminster to Bethesda.

Before. Dinner after gets too late for me. If you decide that you might be able to make 6pm for dinner, let me know.

Do others want to meet for dinner anyway? Say, at 5:45 pm?

In other news, I was just informed my Roadster Sport starts production week of June 22 and will be delivered last week of July most likely.