Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCU Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This exactly is where I am at. Delivery scheduled for 9/17 (just got MVPA for DCU yesterday), so I really don't have a lot of time to sit on this. I have not "Confirmed" the 2.49% rate (but I am approved). Just haven't clicked "Accept Terms" and don't know if that is holding up the ratematch. Some folks get a reply in 30 mintues some two days. I don't have two days. 😪

Worst case for me right now is I just finance through Tesla and then re-fi into DCU if they end up not being able to match it.

View attachment 709589
When did you send the email with your RN to ratematch?

I was told it can take like a day and a half max (by the tesla ppl so who knows how legit that is)

When did you send the email with your RN to ratematch?

I was told it can take like a day and a half max (by the tesla ppl so who knows how legit that is)
Sent in at 1:30pm yesterday. Had just received my VIN at 9:15am, and DCU approval at 1pm. So it moved quickly.... maybe ratematch needs to take delivery date into account on how fast they are able to confirm.

Maybe to my detriment I sent a follow up reply to my request calling out my Delivery Day is in 2 days and need to get a reply.

Edit: I said screw it and "Confirmed" the loan terms. Tesla can always rate match (even post delivery) and I did not want my terms not being accepted as a reason to lose my VIN. I received an email from Tesla last night that my profile was not yet complete, which was scary with my delivery date being Friday of this week.

Last edited:
I think more in plain terms, can i accept/confirm Tesla financing and then rate match with DCU once I receive VIN still?
Below confirm it states “By confirming, I acknowledge that I am accepting my terms with JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and I will be unable to change my payment method”
Yes. This is what I did. I accepted Wells Fargo terms then talked to my SA to get a MVPA for the amount to finance and DCU as the financier. I then got the loan docs and sent them over to [email protected] indicating I wanted to change back to Tesla financing and to rate match with DCU.

My plan of action is the following: I've already opened a DCU checking & savings account. Applied and approved for a 65-month 1.24% auto loan (told them I'd do FULL paycheck direct deposit on the phone for the extra .50% discount). Waiting on final approval from Underwriter (next week) and waiting for Docusign paperwork to download and sign. But once I get the Docusign paperwork, I'm going to send it to Tesla rate match ([email protected]) to get them to match the DCU rate for 72-months instead of 65-months. Then decline the DCU auto loan and enjoy my Model 3 when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

Good luck!
Hi - Quick question – when you opened the DCU accounts and membership but before you applied for the auto loan did DCU run a credit check on your SSN? I’m trying to do the same thing but I’m being told that for opening the account and becoming a member they need to run a credit check on my SSN. They also said after this if I apply for the loan they will run the credit check a second time. Therefore, their suggestion is that I apply for the account opening and the loan simultaneously so that there is only one credit pull. Additionally, I have heard different stories from different people and hence, wanting to check on this forum what is the real story here.

Hi - Quick question – when you opened the DCU accounts and membership but before you applied for the auto loan did DCU run a credit check on your SSN? I’m trying to do the same thing but I’m being told that for opening the account and becoming a member they need to run a credit check on my SSN. They also said after this if I apply for the loan they will run the credit check a second time. Therefore, their suggestion is that I apply for the account opening and the loan simultaneously so that there is only one credit pull. Additionally, I have heard different stories from different people and hence, wanting to check on this forum what is the real story here.
No credit check is done for Savings and Checking. Only the auto loan application will trigger a credit inquiry.

Edit: For me that was the case. They may run a soft inquiry, which won't impact your credit.

Reactions: turrmoil
I finally got my docusign paperwork from DCU today (1.24%, 65 months). I had originally called on Monday to process the initial application and the person on the phone said it all looked good and I'd get a link to the docusign later that day. Didn't receive anything by midday Tuesday so I called again. They again said not to worry and it'd be taken care of by end of the day. Fast forward to today and I still didn't have anything. Called again and spoke to a nice gentleman who apologized and assured me he would expedite things to get it to the contract people by today for sure and it finally showed up in my email around 2 hours later. Sent off the PDF agreement to ratematch and hoping they don't have any issues with it.

I finally got my docusign paperwork from DCU today (1.24%, 65 months). I had originally called on Monday to process the initial application and the person on the phone said it all looked good and I'd get a link to the docusign later that day. Didn't receive anything by midday Tuesday so I called again. They again said not to worry and it'd be taken care of by end of the day. Fast forward to today and I still didn't have anything. Called again and spoke to a nice gentleman who apologized and assured me he would expedite things to get it to the contract people by today for sure and it finally showed up in my email around 2 hours later. Sent off the PDF agreement to ratematch and hoping they don't have any issues with it.
Let us know how it goes! Did you ask for 72 months? Or are you just gonna hope they bump it

I got DCU approval after applying for loan online, signing up for their membership and they calling them (which was a mess since I had to wait >2 hrs to get someone).

However, on the call they said they will send me loan approval letter tomorrow ? I didn't understand why they could only send it tomorrow instead of just sending it right away like many other credit union. This will likely delay my delivery :(

Status
Not open for further replies.