Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

De-chromed and New Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my 2012 P85 Sig for one month now and I the permagrin is real! :biggrin: I recently purchased some new wheels through Jason@GYW and then had her de-chromed by SD Wrap with Satin Black and Carbon Fiber vinyl (plus painted emblems). Here are some pics...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

That looks great. My son did the same thing to his car!

Thanks, dad! Dork.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll confess that I'm not usually a fan of dechroming and such, but the black on white contrast, accented with the black rims, is really impressive and nice looking.

Thank you! I do a lot of driving between Los Angeles and San Diego and see many Tesla's on the road. I wanted mine to stand out a little and also wanted her to be a bit more aggressive looking. There aren't many ways to mod the Tesla so this made me happy...and I could peel it all off if I wanted to go back to the chrome.

I like it + the black plates too. How much does a wrap job like that cost?

Thanks! It's kinda pricey at around 1K but it takes about 2 days to do it right and wrap the lower part of the mirrors, windows, rockers, rear diffuser, nose cone, door handles, and the horizontal slats, and remove and paint all the emblems. It's not as simple as it seems. I should know because I initially paid one shop about $350 and they did a horrible job and I had to have it all redone.

Love it!
Also love your plate, I'm also waiting for my 1960s plate!

Thank you! The plates tie it all together nicely.

That looks BAD.

​(as in bad ass)

Ha! Thank you!

Nice mods...came out great

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

Any other plans for the car?

-painted calipers
-smoked taillights
-Rick's Lighted T
-interior lighting upgrade

Did I just cost you a lot of money? :wink:

Ha! I do want to paint the calipers...probably yellow to match the yellow in the license plate. It costs about $50 so not a large expense but has a nice impact. Other than that...I want to be fiscally responsible and not spend more than have. I am interested in seeing what other folks have done as far as mods. I am also always keeping my eye out for body kits. Given that there aren't a lot of tuners for the Tesla at the moment that is probably a long way off for me. Time to just enjoy her!

Looks great! I've been thinking of de-chroming my car, already bought the vinyl but it'll have to wait until after I get my car back.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing it once you throw some vinyl on. Nice plate too!

Schmidty, looks great! I also had all my parts de-chromed and it gives it that sportier look. Where did you purchase your P85 from? The wheels look great too, seems like Jason is the guy to go to for some new wheels.

Schmidty, looks great! I also had all my parts de-chromed and it gives it that sportier look. Where did you purchase your P85 from? The wheels look great too, seems like Jason is the guy to go to for some new wheels.

Thank you, sir! I actually purchased her through the CPO program...started the paperwork at the La Jolla Store and then picked her up in Santa Barbara almost 6 weeks ago. And yes, I think Jason is the "go-to-guy" for wheels!