Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead pedal options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised I didn't find many threads on adding a dead pedal to the newer (2017+) cars. Maybe people don't really miss them. I find it strange that there isn't one in the newer cars, and its omission is especially glaring for those with cream carpet. When I climb into the car, I place my right foot on the dead pedal location.

There are a couple options in the aftermarket, both of them attaching with tape:

The metal ones are flashy like the brake and go pedal, but would be nice just to have a plain plastic one. I take it there is no hidden bolt hole under the carpet that could be accessed by drilling/cutting the carpet for a more secure dead pedal? Any other good options out there?

Since nobody has answered yet. There appear to be a couple options for dead pedals on Amazon. They all use the sticky tape.

On my model 3 I removed the tape from the back of the dead pedal, and instead attached a thick strip of the heavy duty Velcro to the back of the pedal. The Velcro allows you to attach the dead pedal to the carpeting in the footwell (not the floor mats- I got rid of them and got floor mats that don’t have the dead pedal extension). It has been quite secure.

I am hoping to do the same thing when my Model S gets here this weekend.