Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Pedal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully installed a dead pedal in their Model Y?

Would the plastic piece from a Model 3 work?

Attachments

• 5A3445D9-EF77-4F9E-881B-1EE68EED9F26.jpeg
    5A3445D9-EF77-4F9E-881B-1EE68EED9F26.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 251
  • 0FB5D529-DCDF-4B60-BFAA-F46929AA5BAE.jpeg
    0FB5D529-DCDF-4B60-BFAA-F46929AA5BAE.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 0F7FCC7E-333E-420A-9603-A37FA382406D.jpeg
    0F7FCC7E-333E-420A-9603-A37FA382406D.jpeg
    423.5 KB · Views: 164
i installed this Dixuan dead pedal cover on my MY. I wanted one with raised ribs to match the aftermarket performance pedals i installed, but i prefer the black look on the dead pedal...so i Hyperdipped that one. I took the tape off the dead pedal and used 2" Velcro strips instead.

pedals.jpg

The pedal was made for MX but fits my MY perfectly, so I would think the OEM MX one would fit - but you'd need to remove the clips on the back.

Last edited:
i installed this Dixuan dead pedal cover on my MY. I wanted one with raised ribs to match the aftermarket performance pedals i installed, but i prefer the black look on the dead pedal...so i Hyperdipped that one. I took the tape off the dead pedal and used 2" Velcro strips instead.

View attachment 754180

The pedal was made for MX but fits my MY perfectly, so I would think the OEM MX one would fit - but you'd need to remove the clips on the back.

So it's attached to the carpet using velcro?

So it's attached to the carpet using velcro?
Yes, I stuck a couple strips of the hook side of the Velcro to the back of the dead pedal, and the carpeting acts as the loop side of the Velcro. It was a bit of a pain getting the adhesive off the back of the dead pedal before applying the Velcro...using a decal remover eraser wheel makes the process less tedious. I suppose you could just use the adhesive that comes on the back of the dead pedal and stick it onto the carpet, but I didn't want to leave any residue on the carpet if I decide to remove the dead pedal down the road for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rekognize
What is the purpose of a dead pedal?
A dead pedal originated in old manual cars to give the left foot a brace co-planar with the clutch. In modern automatics, its a comfortable place to put the left foot and is usually covered in plastic/rubber. The MY has a bump-out left footrest area but it is carpeted; this project adds the protection (and aesthetic) of the rubber "dead pedal."

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Teslu and bobbyjae