Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to contact Vanessa @ Dedham regarding the text I received. Her response, which I received within 5 minutes was:

"Unfortunately those text are automatically generated. The date we sent you from Dedham for 12/15 is accurate. If earlier dates open up, I'll be sure to contact you, but our schedule coming up is pretty packed."

Oh well. Worth a try to move the date up.

Thanks for clearing this up @bradbissell. The uncertainty is what gets you.

Thanks, @Tourman. I think the problem is that I paid cash. The only MVPA I got was the one I received when I paid the $2500 deposit, and there's no VIN on there.

The chase after my IDA continues...

Did you already pay your car in full? You are supposed to receive the final MVPA when you get assigned a VIN and the car is ready for delivery.

That's pretty effed up. How do they not give you the final MVPA before completing the transaction? Isn't that supposed to be the contract?

That's supposed to be the final contract. I think he hasn't taken delivery yet, unless he wired the full amount at once?

When I dropped in on Sunday, the sales team had suggested that I leave a message on the sales (not delivery) extension Monday morning to confirm my vehicle would be shipped from RI that day. I did this and received a call back about an hour later that my vehicle was in transit to Dedham for detailing. (By the way, I've never received any texts from Tesla).

Our delivery on Monday night went (relatively) smoothly. When we arrived at the delivery area, there were a dozen or more people milling about. We signed in, and eventually some seats freed up. While we waited, I overheard multiple customers standing at the desks being told that their vehicles weren't there. One of the delivery team members mentioned 52 deliveries that day "working with a vendor", I'm guessing in reference to home deliveries.

After a half hour wait that seemed like ages, a delivery manager brought our paperwork in a red folder and told us to wait for orientation. 20 minutes later, the lady at the sign in desk came by and asked if we're still waiting for orientation. Another person walked up with our contact info on a sheet and asked if we had questions about home charging. He told us he was with the home energy division but was in training for vehicle deliveries as well.

As the room gradually emptied, a guy in a black shirt told us he was going to look for our car, which turns out had been parked right by the door the whole time. He had our plates and asked if we had been given a black folder (we had not), and was not entirely happy to find the key cards had been left in the car. He waited while I tried to examine the vehicle exterior with a flashlight in the middle of a light rain shower (The paint seemed unblemished and the only noticeable body issue was a misaligned trunk seam, which I should be able to take into a service center for). Then he gave us an overview of the controls. The car had a quarter charge so I pulled up to the supercharger station in front of us while he answered some additional questions. Then he returned to the building but told us he'd be there for a bit if we had questions.

We put in new floormats and brake/gas pedals while the car charged to 80%, and drove home.

I think it was an hour and a half between signing in and stepping into the car.

• Informative
Reactions: amhcaveman
@Tourman @amhcaveman I wired them the full amount the day before Thanksgiving, and the car was delivered yesterday. I never received a 'final' MVPA. I thought it's going to be coming with the car. :(

Wow that's really confusing. Look under your Tesla page, see if there's a MVPA with a VIN attached. Otherwise you have to chase your DA...Did they not send you a Docusign form to e-sign? That's your final MVPA.

Hey guys! I picked up my mid-range Model 3 last night. A few observations -
- Tesla Dedham recently lost access to two nearby parking lots, leading to the RI/MA logistics nightmare
- Customers are scheduled to pick up cars from 11A - 6P.
- I showed up 3hrs early for 6P pickup. My car was not detailed, yet. It took 2.5 hrs for paperwork, locate car, move it from upper employee lot, detailed, and final walk through.
- Others, who showed up for their scheduled pickup time, were in and out in approx 1.0 hr. Their cars were already detailed and ready to hand off.

Wow that's really confusing. Look under your Tesla page, see if there's a MVPA with a VIN attached. Otherwise you have to chase your DA...Did they not send you a Docusign form to e-sign? That's your final MVPA.

Nope. The only MVPA I have has no VIN. :( I never e-signed anything in this process.

I am not sure which is worse, not having the car or having the car but can't drive it.

Nope. The only MVPA I have has no VIN. :( I never e-signed anything in this process.

I am not sure which is worse, not having the car or having the car but can't drive it.

If you hadn't paid in full I'd almost wonder if you actually even owned the car :eek:

Infact that might be true, you simply gifted the money to Tesla and they are generous enough to let you store someone else's car - very thoughtful of you! /s

In all seriousness, email [email protected] and ask they provide you with the final MVPA.

If you hadn't paid in full I'd almost wonder if you actually even owned the car :eek:

Infact that might be true, you simply gifted the money to Tesla and they are generous enough to let you store someone else's car - very thoughtful of you! /s

In all seriousness, email [email protected] and ask they provide you with the final MVPA.

I should probably use the $7500 rebate money to hire a lawyer!

Thanks for the email address!

Interesting that there haven't been any updates here for three days. I'm curious about what it was like Friday since my new delivery date is a week from Friday evening.
Also noticed this morning that I can now pay my down payment online, don't think this will speed things up but didn't know if anyone knew differently.

Interesting that there haven't been any updates here for three days. I'm curious about what it was like Friday since my new delivery date is a week from Friday evening.
Also noticed this morning that I can now pay my down payment online, don't think this will speed things up but didn't know if anyone knew differently.

I don’t think paying early would have made a difference for me. I just handed them the bank check at the paperwork section.

• Informative
Reactions: trisk and sraatc17
Hi folks. I have a delivery scheduled for 12/10 in Dedham.

How does the RMV-1 / Registration / Insurance work? I assume they do the registration, will they reach out to my insurance agent to get the RMV-1 stamped? How & when do they typically reach out to coordinate this as they would have no idea who my agent is.

Thanks!

How does the RMV-1 / Registration / Insurance work? I assume they do the registration, will they reach out to my insurance agent to get the RMV-1 stamped? How & when do they typically reach out to coordinate this as they would have no idea who my agent is.

Thanks!
Our delivery advisor emailed us 5 days prior to delivery:

Please send me your insurance agency’s name and contact info (phone number and fax number).
Our delivery team will contact the insurance agency and fax them some standard dealership documents to finalize insurance and registration.
The insurance info (inc. the policy # which I gave as well) was displayed on our reservation page a day or two later.

Thanks!

We received an email from our delivery advisor 5 days before delivery:
Please send me your insurance agency’s name and contact info (phone number and fax number).
Our delivery team will contact the insurance agency and fax them some standard dealership documents to finalize insurance and registration.
The insurance info (inc. the policy # which I gave as well) was displayed on our reservation page a day or two later.