Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delayed License Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, picked up Mid August. I called/emailed Tesla and they kept telling me they relayed my issue to the "DMV department". I ended up calling the DMV to check on the status with the VIN number. DMV told me none of the paperwork was submitted. I drove down to Burbank dealership to ask for a manager and all he could do was check the "status" saying it was submitted and that not to worry about being pulled over for expire temporary license plate. He photo copied the form and told me to show it to the officer if I do get pulled over. I'd rather not have to deal with any chance of being pulled over on my way to work. But I guess I have to show up again to the dealership when the temporary license plates do expire.

Thought I was the only one with bad luck.

End of September delivery, nothing. Can't blame the DMV, I bought a car a different car in August and the plates came in under 4 weeks. I called Tesla and they just told me to call the DMV or wait 3 months and they'll look into it.

My temporary plates expired last week so, I had to file a complaint to the DMV because I had to talk to two managers in person and nothing was getting done. It's a shame all they can do is give the Burbank Dealership a warning after 1 complaint. So, I would look into filing for DMV complaint if you don't get any work done on your end. The dealership finally sent me a usps shipping tracking number saying they "mailed" in my plates/ registration however the tracking still says its awaiting shipment. It is not okay to drive with expired temporary plates and having to deal with a fix it ticket for something they dropped the ball on. I paid for the registration to be done on time and its unexceptable to ghost my calls or emails because you'd rather sell your cars than fix the paperwork for an old customer. The investigator said they just put in my paperwork last week when I picked the car up in August. I still have expired tags and will update you guys as soon as everything is resolved.

My temporary plates expired last week so, I had to file a complaint to the DMV because I had to talk to two managers in person and nothing was getting done. It's a shame all they can do is give the Burbank Dealership a warning after 1 complaint. So, I would look into filing for DMV complaint if you don't get any work done on your end. The dealership finally sent me a usps shipping tracking number saying they "mailed" in my plates/ registration however the tracking still says its awaiting shipment. It is not okay to drive with expired temporary plates and having to deal with a fix it ticket for something they dropped the ball on. I paid for the registration to be done on time and its unexceptable to ghost my calls or emails because you'd rather sell your cars than fix the paperwork for an old customer. The investigator said they just put in my paperwork last week when I picked the car up in August. I still have expired tags and will update you guys as soon as everything is resolved.
here is the website I used to file a complaint in California with the DMV.