Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Appointment without VIN ?

fokap888

Jan 25, 2021
San diego
Just noticed " Delivery Appointment" in my account without getting VIN first !.
Is it normal?
Delivery Appointment shows my home address instead Tesla Center. I don`t want home delivery , i prefer to inspect vehicle at their location first

Sirpal

Sep 20, 2020
Montreal
Same here (Montreal, Canada). I received my appointment date 4 days after my deposit (at Tesla center) but don't have a VIN yet. I only see the reservation number "RN".

I placed the order on Jan 25th. During a few days I could see the expected delivery "between Feb 8 and March 8". Since Friday, it's showing the appointment to be scheduled for March 1st.

Reactions: fokap888

laceyboy

Aug 9, 2020
Lacey WA
I haven't received delivery appointment yet but it is now showing estimated delivery changed to 2/3 - 2/17 from 2/11 - 3/11.
I ordered on 1/28.

fridaynow

Sep 28, 2020
Oregon
Just noticed " Delivery Appointment" in my account without getting VIN first !.
Is it normal?
Delivery Appointment shows my home address instead Tesla Center. I don`t want home delivery , i prefer to inspect vehicle at their location first

I did a double take on my order too - when I saw this, I had a delivery appointment but no VIN. Soon after, 2 days - I got a VIN assigned. So just be patient and you should get your VIN. Otherwise, ask your sales rep/advisor for clarity.

As for the home address delivery, when it gets closer, you'll get a call (at least I did), asking if I wanted to pick up or do a home delivery. So you still have a choice when the time comes.

Congrats on your new ride

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC