Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Canceled - What now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there,

I received a text in the beginning of the week stating I might be able to take delivery of my car this weekend. Just to give you an idea - I originally preordered the car in August 2016. I configured my car during June of 2017.

Just looking for some advice. I was originally scheduled for a car to be picked up tomorrow morning at 11:30AM. I just received a phone call stating that they will not be able to deliver me a vehicle. I have been contacting them almost every 4 hours for the past 5 days to make sure they had a vehicle for me and everyone said everything was in check so I am a bit in shock.

I have a car loan agreement that expires within 30 days and the gentleman I spoke to said it can take almost two more months to figure everything out for my account. We went from 18 hours away from delivery to TWO MONTHS in one phone call. I'm nervous I'm going to lose my financing and have to reapply at a later time, which will cause my credit score to continuously plummet due to hard inquiries as they toy around with delivery dates.

What do I do and what should I expect? Has anyone gone through this beforehand that would know any more information? The man said that I don't even have a delivery advisor so I can't even contact anyone else to find out what is going on.

This was my configuration:
Long Range AWD
Metallic Midnight Silver
Premium Package

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: AmpRage
I received a text in the beginning of the week stating I might be able to take delivery of my car this weekend. Just to give you an idea - I originally preordered the car in August 2016. I configured my car during June of 2017.

Just looking for some advice. I was originally scheduled for a car to be picked up tomorrow morning at 11:30AM. I just received a phone call stating that they will not be able to deliver me a vehicle. I have been contacting them almost every 4 hours for the past 5 days to make sure they had a vehicle for me and everyone said everything was in check so I am a bit in shock.
This was my configuration:
Long Range AWD
Metallic Midnight Silver
Premium Package
Umm, did you get your "configured" year wrong? Elon Musk: Tesla Model 3 dual-motor ordering opens next week helped refresh my memory. One couldn't order an AWD 3 until around mid-May of 2018.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
I don't believe it will be two months at all. You mentioned you ordered a Silver metallic and I think those are suppose to be produced very soon as the color along with the obsidian black were pulled. Tesla I'm sure will want to get all of the orders out of the way with these two colors and move on. I'm thinking after this September rush is over they will run the lines for the silver and the ob. Right now the other colors are more popular and could be routed more easily to more potential buyers who could take a quick before-month-end delivery.

Last edited:
I don't believe it will be two months at all. You mentioned you ordered a Silver metallic and I think those are suppose to be produced very soon as the color along with the obsidian black were pulled. Tesla I'm sure will want to get all of the orders out of the way with these two colors and move on. I'm thinking after this September rush is over they will run the lines for the silver and the ob. Right now the other colors are more popular and could be routed more easily to more potential buyers who could take a quick before month end delivery.

I'm got the Midnight Silver Metallic which is that darker silver color. Is that the one that is getting discontinued?

I'm got the Midnight Silver Metallic which is that darker silver color. Is that the one that is getting discontinued?

Sorry guess I read too fast and missed the midnight. No. That's a pretty popular color and sure they do large runs of it. Again don't think it will be that long. I think they've just had difficulties getting cars out to the east coast via train cars or transport vehicles.

BTW starting Sept 5 I think we got our first are you ready for a delivery asap email and when can you take? Replied with date and then nothing. Maybe week or two later, got a second email saying our car would be ready and got as far as a set date (no time slot) and maybe a few days later, sorry email production doesn't have your car--will be in touch soon. Third time maybe a week later, was the final one. Some back and forth with prefer date and time and confirming and then all the steps needing to be checked and picked it up on 23rd. So for us despite all the stops and starts took less than a month once the initial contact about delivery. Happy Model 3 owner now. Good luck and hope you hear soon. Keep us updated in this thread. I'd call them next week after the big 9/30 rush. Hopefully you will get someone different on the phone. Stay nice and explain you were cancelled on a few days before your scheduled delivery and your financing quote will expire soon and can they help get you set up for delivery soon.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat (as I'm sure many others are as well). Reserved in 2016, ordered this June, LR AWD MSM. And rushed to get loan approval yesterday after delivery appointment confirmation yesterday. Of course calling my local SC resulted in no vehicle match and no VIN found for me, so delivery appointment cancelled.

Fingers crossed that we'll actually be able to take delivery within the next 29 days. o_O

Hey there,

I have a car loan agreement that expires within 30 days and the gentleman I spoke to said it can take almost two more months to figure everything out for my account. We went from 18 hours away from delivery to TWO MONTHS in one phone call. I'm nervous I'm going to lose my financing and have to reapply at a later time, which will cause my credit score to continuously plummet due to hard inquiries as they toy around with delivery dates.

What do I do and what should I expect? Has anyone gone through this beforehand that would know any more information? The man said that I don't even have a delivery advisor so I can't even contact anyone else to find out what is going on.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Just chill. Let them get through the end of quarter and see what happens. 2 months sound like their textbook recycle time, which is what they are going to tell everybody right now. They'll have to catch their breath and will probably have a much better idea by the end of next week.