Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery coming up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Iron

Jan 22, 2023
ATL
I'm scheduled for delivery of a MYLR next week. It was built in the Fremont factory.

Any big gotchas
I have to watch out for that are specific to that factory? Also, I saw a few really long checklists. Do we have any up to date checklists that might cover any recent issues? I'm told they only give you like 15 minutes to check out the car, which sounds like BS, if you ask me.

Honestly, I'm glad to be getting the car, but I'm at a time where work and life are stressing me out and I'm kind of jaded with it all right now. I know I have to be super attentive because their quality has sucked according to what I've read. Hopefully it's better now, but with this price drop, I can only see things being worse as they try to churn out cars to fill this ordering frenzy. I hope they just hand me a finely crafted product for my hard earned $$$ and I walk away and be happy. Sigh.... wish me luck

Jaded

Last edited:
their quality has sucked according to what I've read
I'm the furthest thing from a staunch Tesla defender/fanboy, but with that said, Tesla delivered more than a million Model Ys globally last year. People who call out major issues on a forum are a very vocal minority, and represent a rounded 0.00% of deliveries. You may very well have issues, sure, but the vast, vast, vast majority of deliveries are perfectly fine.

Do inspect and go through the checklist, though, and call out anything you want fixed.