Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date in 2.5 months after reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Anyone got VIN number/delivery date schedule request in like 2.5 months since order placed? I placed mine (White/White, 7 seats, FSD, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive) on 04/15/2022 and got my VIN/Request for scheduling delivery last Friday (06/24/2022). Not exactly I am complaining, but estimated delivery date showed Dec 2022 - Mar 2023, and I am not really ready (financial-wise) for the delivery. And the local agent contacted me with only 1 slot available for delivery which is on 06/28, so they are expecting me to have everything ready (fund for down payment, loan, insurance...) in like 4 days??? (06/24 to 06/28). I locate in WA if that helps any.

Hey guys,

Anyone got VIN number/delivery date schedule request in like 2.5 months since order placed? I placed mine (White/White, 7 seats, FSD, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive) on 04/15/2022 and got my VIN/Request for scheduling delivery last Friday (06/24/2022). Not exactly I am complaining, but estimated delivery date showed Dec 2022 - Mar 2023, and I am not really ready (financial-wise) for the delivery. And the local agent contacted me with only 1 slot available for delivery which is on 06/28, so they are expecting me to have everything ready (fund for down payment, loan, insurance...) in like 4 days??? (06/24 to 06/28). I locate in WA if that helps any.
I think what you are seeing is the end of quarter 2 rush. Someone may have dropped out in your area with the same configuration, and they want to sell the car in Q2. This is not uncommon. If you can swing it, you should take it.

FWIW, I got my VIN less than 24 hours before the original delivery appointment. I told them I needed a few days because I was out of town, and they pushed it back 3 days. This all occurred during the last week of Q1.

Hey guys,

Wow. That’s my fear. I’m 400 miles from delivery center & will need to rent a car, board the dog, and arrange financing and insurance and arrange hotel room etc. can’t do all this without ample planning. Theoretically I could put on a 30 day hold but you seem to be saying that’s not always an option.

Wow. That’s my fear. I’m 400 miles from delivery center & will need to rent a car, board the dog, and arrange financing and insurance and arrange hotel room etc. can’t do all this without ample planning. Theoretically I could put on a 30 day hold but you seem to be saying that’s not always an option.
When I went to the schedule for delivery section in Tesla app, it only shows 1 available day on the calendar and disabled all other date. I am not sure if 30 days hold is possible since I never got to that part.

Reactions: Prairie