Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Keep Changing for SR.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In SoCal, ordered SR MY on Jan 28th and got the Vin assigned by end of March and Estimate delivery date for beginning of April.
But date is keeping delay. Anyone has same issue?
I would call the delivery center to ask. They can track where the car is at. It could be that car hasn’t been on the truck to be delivered to your delivery center yet.

Congrats btw! You got the VIN. Your car will be delivered.

In SoCal, ordered SR MY on Jan 28th and got the Vin assigned by end of March and Estimate delivery date for beginning of April.
But date is keeping delay. Anyone has same issue?
I just ordered mine a few days ago, and within those few days the estimated date has changed a few times each day. They're not small changes either... it keeps going from May 5 - May 25, then June 7 - June 23, then May 10 - May 31, etc etc back and forth. Before ordering though, the website said 8-12 weeks. I'm in absolutely no rush to get it, but I do want to plan for its arrival (financially and on a need basis), so these wild swings in delivery dates is super frustrating. I don't need an early date, just a solid one that I can plan around.

I just ordered mine a few days ago, and within those few days the estimated date has changed a few times each day. They're not small changes either... it keeps going from May 5 - May 25, then June 7 - June 23, then May 10 - May 31, etc etc back and forth. Before ordering though, the website said 8-12 weeks. I'm in absolutely no rush to get it, but I do want to plan for its arrival (financially and on a need basis), so these wild swings in delivery dates is super frustrating. I don't need an early date, just a solid one that I can plan around.
Same here, I am also in no rush but I want and need to plan around a solid date. I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. This is very frustration. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th.

I ordered M3 LR on March 17, since then I have been seeing the delivery date range changing almost on daily basis. It started from May 21 to June 11 and now it's showing June 7 to June 24. THe frustrating part is the sales rep is not responsive to emails, and it's hard to call him and get his call back. I am just waiting, hoping that I will get my M3 one day, hopefully this year :)

Same here, I am also in no rush but I want and need to plan around a solid date. I ordered my model 3 performance on March 9 and at the time the website said 8-10 weeks. So then a couple of days after I ordered the car it told me an estimated delivery date of May-22-June1 and then a couple of days later it went from the 22 o the 23rd- June 01, then May 26th-jun11, then the next day reading June 01-15, and then this morning it went from June 9th to June 29th. This is very frustration. I haven't even received my Vin and I ordered it March 9th.
I ordered M3 P on 2/12/21, today May26 I haven't received my VIN and the delivery date reading June 2 to June 29

I ordered MY May 08, 2021 with estimate of 4-8 weeks. Earliest it has said was June 04. It goes back and forth between sometime in June (this month) and 9-13 weeks! For kicks I started a mock new order and the est is 9-13 weeks. Not sure how my order thats been in for 4 weeks already could ever be estimated at the same as a brand new order. Really a terrible experience. I don't need the car ASAP either, I just need to plan my life.

I ordered MY May 08, 2021 with estimate of 4-8 weeks. Earliest it has said was June 04. It goes back and forth between sometime in June (this month) and 9-13 weeks! For kicks I started a mock new order and the est is 9-13 weeks. Not sure how my order thats been in for 4 weeks already could ever be estimated at the same as a brand new order. Really a terrible experience. I don't need the car ASAP either, I just need to plan my life.
By the end of the 4-8 weeks original estimate I am considering switching my address to a family member's in CA and just flying out to pick it up. Possibly ship faster to West Coast? Not sure though.

Ordered mine at the beginning of April in San Bernardino county, CA with random time frames from late may to random ranges in June. As the date got closer my wife and I sold one of our cars thinking we would have the vehicle by now (BIG mistake). Now the date range has switched from a specific range to 9-13 weeks.
Does anyone know if we switch delivery centers would that improve the time frame? I'm always around 3 different ones down here

Have you received a vin yet?
I ordered MY April 20 said 6-8 weeks estimated time June 3 to 18 and nothing now it’s June 16 and it says September. When I called my agent no answer and I left a message but she called back and said it’s a glitch but if I’m impatient I can just pick one from what’s in stock. I said if it’s a glitch I’ll wait then the next day it changed to June 18 - June 30 and I just checked right now and it says September again

I ordered MY April 20 said 6-8 weeks estimated time June 3 to 18 and nothing now it’s June 16 and it says September. When I called my agent no answer and I left a message but she called back and said it’s a glitch but if I’m impatient I can just pick one from what’s in stock. I said if it’s a glitch I’ll wait then the next day it changed to June 18 - June 30 and I just checked right now and it says September again
And I still haven’t received my vin yet

I ordered the MY LR on 5/4 and so far I received 6 delivery date changes (6/18-6/30).
I ordered the same car but on 4/20 it changed to 6/18 - 6/30 for me as well when originally it was 6/12. I just checked now on 6/16 and it says September lol last time it said September but when I finally talked to my “rep” she assured me it was a glitch and if I am impatient I can always take a car from what they have in stock from people who rejected the car. I told her I’ll wait but September is kinda ridiculous and I don’t even have a vin # yet