Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Keep Changing for SR.

Vmindmeld

Jun 17, 2021
I ordered MY April 20 said 6-8 weeks estimated time June 3 to 18 and nothing now it’s June 16 and it says September. When I called my agent no answer and I left a message but she called back and said it’s a glitch but if I’m impatient I can just pick one from what’s in stock. I said if it’s a glitch I’ll wait then the next day it changed to June 18 - June 30 and I just checked right now and it says September again
I ordered MY same date as you. The delivery dates are all over the place. Went from mid July to mid August a couple days ago, to September today. Tesla's trade-in offer is as lowball as it gets so I'm going to do a private sale of my Beemer. The used car market is still hot but who knows by September. As one other poster said, they made a big mistake selling their car early based on the estimated delivery date. Frustrated.

Jun 16, 2021
Los Angeles
So now I got an email saying to complete the task of final payment so I’m thinking ok what about the vin? I try to reach out to my advisor and no luck per usual. The next night I get another email saying that the email was a mistake sorry for the inconvenience. I read an article there is a chip shortage for electric cars and that’s delaying the process. Also if this is the case then why are we as a country moving so quickly to make everyone drive electric. Give people choices so that there are no shortages that cause inflation and other problems

Reactions: hcdavis3

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC