Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Keep Changing for SR.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MY April 20 said 6-8 weeks estimated time June 3 to 18 and nothing now it’s June 16 and it says September. When I called my agent no answer and I left a message but she called back and said it’s a glitch but if I’m impatient I can just pick one from what’s in stock. I said if it’s a glitch I’ll wait then the next day it changed to June 18 - June 30 and I just checked right now and it says September again
I ordered MY same date as you. The delivery dates are all over the place. Went from mid July to mid August a couple days ago, to September today. Tesla's trade-in offer is as lowball as it gets so I'm going to do a private sale of my Beemer. The used car market is still hot but who knows by September. As one other poster said, they made a big mistake selling their car early based on the estimated delivery date. Frustrated.

So now I got an email saying to complete the task of final payment so I’m thinking ok what about the vin? I try to reach out to my advisor and no luck per usual. The next night I get another email saying that the email was a mistake sorry for the inconvenience. I read an article there is a chip shortage for electric cars and that’s delaying the process. Also if this is the case then why are we as a country moving so quickly to make everyone drive electric. Give people choices so that there are no shortages that cause inflation and other problems

Reactions: hcdavis3
I got a 3LR and its been a while since everything was submitted, up until yesterday it said july 16- august 05 and now today when refreshing to see any changes it says 7-11 weeks. WTF is happening, my vin is the same so I know no one else has gotten my tesla but why such a major delay?

I got a 3LR and its been a while since everything was submitted, up until yesterday it said july 16- august 05 and now today when refreshing to see any changes it says 7-11 weeks. WTF is happening, my vin is the same so I know no one else has gotten my tesla but why such a major delay?
I am in the exact same situation. 3LR said July 18-Aug 6. Today it says 7-11 weeks.

Ordered in June M3 basic as it gets and time frame constantly changes. My question is after getting approved with Tesla’s loan option, does anyone know when they contact you after? Or what exactly happens after? When do I sign the contracts and what not? Everything is super vague

I ordered Model 3 on June 30th, when I placed the order it said estimated delivery 7-11 weeks. In the next couple of days they sent me a lease application, I completed it and got instant approval. Today is July 17th and the delivery date changed to 10-16 weeks, which is very frustrating, considering that they already pulled my credit and I gave away my other car. Very not pleasant experience since now I ended up without a car for what seems like a long time.

I ordered MY same date as you. The delivery dates are all over the place. Went from mid July to mid August a couple days ago, to September today. Tesla's trade-in offer is as lowball as it gets so I'm going to do a private sale of my Beemer. The used car market is still hot but who knows by September. As one other poster said, they made a big mistake selling their car early based on the estimated delivery date. Frustrated.
Don't sell your car! We ordered MY LR in April. Sold one of our cars private sale because, like you said, Tesla's offer was low. Sold the car on 6/23 because we were expecting the car before the end of June. Now some days it says July but more often it says September. It is very frustrating to be down a car.