Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, my delivery experience- since we all want to know what to expect...
Arrived at 8a, was the third customer there. The delivery hub (not at the factory, btw, but close by) is spacious, clean, and well laid out. My MX was parked right in front, ready to go. Delivery guy (Chris) was prompt and we reviewed the car together. Expansion seams were not perfect, but close enough. Had some manufacturing marker (neon yellow) on the front quarter panel, so he sent it to the back to be (re)cleaned while we initiated final paperwork. At this point I expected to be out in less than 30 minutes. Silly me.
I financed through Alliant CU, as I had with the MS previously. Unfortunately I hadn’t completed the loan process (thought I had), so we engaged them to finish the process. Over the next THREE hours we went back & forth trying to get wire confirmation sent. Total process breakdown between Alliant & Tesla, where I was being held hostage while they sorted it out (I Uber’d Down and they wouldn’t release the X without wire confirmation). 2 1/2 hours in to this, I told them to cancel the loan and I’d just write a damn check. Within 15 minutes they came to an agreement and we finished the paperwork. Frustrating, but somewhat self-induced. Lesson here: make sure your paperwork is COMPLETE before you go in for delivery. Side note: During my long stay, the hub got very busy - highly recommend an early morning appointment, if you can.
Now, on the patio with wine & a cigar, I have a smile on my face as I gaze fondly at my new black beauty, the frustration of the morning is merely a distant memory...

• Informative
Reactions: JQS3 and Bogobec