Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Notice Today ... Respond by this afternoon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a text today that our MY is on the way to the Delivery Center. it asked that we select our appointment by this afternoon. Today is the 18th and Battery Day is the 22nd, I am sure we can schedule delivery for after the 22nd. My concern is what Elon will say on Battery Day and how that will affect MY's in the near future and if it is something that I feel waiting for that will not raise the price, I would be willing to wait. Any comments or suggestions? Anyone else in the same pickle?

If you can, I would wait for a 2021 model, but may be this ia already the case since September 1rst?

If you have the VIN number you can check the year.

The tenth digit represents the Model Year and is standardized by NHSTA.
All vehicles from all manufacturers made in 2020 will have an “L” here, an “M” for 2021, and so on.​

I was just reading: Tesla Model Y to use one-piece front casting in Germany: report

Note: About the battery announcement, this would only affect models in the future (CyberTruck, Spider, European Tesla Hatchback...)

For example, the Model S never received the new Cells from the Model 3.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jmaddr
UPDATE: Received Text #2 Your vehicle is scheduled to arrive the evening of September 20th. We have tentatively Scheduled your pickup appointment on September 21st. If you are unable to pickup the vehicle within three days, please RESCHEDULE.

I too am looking forward to hearing about cool new tech at battery day, but I don't agree that it is that meaningful if you are interested in buying a Tesla today. Maybe if your plans were to buy something in 2021 it might be relevant, but anything announced here will be many (many) months before it sees production, likely either in a new (cybertruck?) or revamped (S, X?) model.

The rush to get cars out the door right now has everything to do with it being the end of the quarter. Most locations are probably expecting a flood of shipments to arrive that have to transact before October 1st and they don't want a bottleneck of cars sitting on their lots waiting to be picked up. Never underestimate the intense pressure for companies to meet quarterly targets.

Reactions: raggedy
Received a text today that our MY is on the way to the Delivery Center. it asked that we select our appointment by this afternoon. Today is the 18th and Battery Day is the 22nd, I am sure we can schedule delivery for after the 22nd. My concern is what Elon will say on Battery Day and how that will affect MY's in the near future and if it is something that I feel waiting for that will not raise the price, I would be willing to wait. Any comments or suggestions? Anyone else in the same pickle?

Just set up your appointment and go get it! The problem if you wait for the "next thing" when it comes to tech, is you will always be behind. You won't be sorry!

I think it all depends on how soon you need a car. IMHO, Tesla has too much invested in current 3/Y battery production, to just do a hot swap.

Tesla might as well squeeze as much profit out of the current (and rather new) battery factory before abandoning it for the new tech that will be revealed.

The first Tesla’s to get anything from battery day will be S/X/Roadster and possibly semi. The release of new battery tech will follow the same path Tesla used to become what it is today.

New tech in the high end models to fund the eventual transition to the high volume. Model 3/Y last in line for a new battery.

I’d be quite surprised to see the 3/Y updated with what’s revealed on battery day prior to the first Cybertruck deliveries.

Reactions: Reborn