Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of Red M3P in UK waited 5 months already!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes me, I ordered mine October 2020 approx eta now 17th May 2021?
I think the UK is in the same situation as Australia (where I am). The Model 3 production for Australia - and (?all?) other right-hand-drive countries - switched to China, and the factory there isn't making Performance ones yet, only SR+ and Long Range. Your order may have just missed out on getting a car allocated from the last right hand drive performance build run in the USA factory.

As far as I know, Australia isn't getting any Performance Model 3s until June-ish (and they will be made-in-China ones), so that likely fits in with the delivery time you are being told too. The recent big delivery of SR+ and LR cars in the UK and Australia from the China factory happened around the same time, so maybe next quarter will be the same.

Wow you definitely win the award. Which leasing company did you use and what colour you waiting for? Fingers crossed May delivery comes true :)
My employer uses a management company GMP drive are who in turn apparently ordered the car through Lex Autolease. After pestering them every 2-4 weeks for 6 months, and being falsely assured,they finally admitted that the order was never made. Add insult to injury the price went up per month and I now don't get the benefit from the 0% BIK

I think the UK is in the same situation as Australia (where I am). The Model 3 production for Australia - and (?all?) other right-hand-drive countries - switched to China, and the factory there isn't making Performance ones yet, only SR+ and Long Range. Your order may have just missed out on getting a car allocated from the last right hand drive performance build run in the USA factory.

As far as I know, Australia isn't getting any Performance Model 3s until June-ish (and they will be made-in-China ones), so that likely fits in with the delivery time you are being told too. The recent big delivery of SR+ and LR cars in the UK and Australia from the China factory happened around the same time, so maybe next quarter will be the same.
I didn't realize that RHD M3Ps were being switched to China. That might explain why I'm getting a sooner than expected estimate for my M3P for delivery in Canada as Tesla can focus more no North American production in Fremont.