Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well guys thanks I called and it’s done got the performance with I know you think I’ve learned from this but the white interior… it’s funny I posted over a month ago that they better make the performance available before I get the long range… and good things happen to people with patience… I’m actually excited again
Thanks to all of you
IMG_0794.jpeg

Marques Brownlee‘s Review of the Performance M3.

Notice he mentions that the steering wheel buttons are capacitive. I would bet that Tesla has gotten so many complaints and service requests about blinker buttons sticking/not working that they went back to capacitive buttons.

Also, the plates are Texas manufacturer plates. Will the performance be produced at giga Texas or Fremont or both?

Marques Brownlee‘s Review of the Performance M3.

Notice he mentions that the steering wheel buttons are capacitive. I would bet that Tesla has gotten so many complaints and service requests about blinker buttons sticking/not working that they went back to capacitive buttons.

Also, the plates are Texas manufacturer plates. Will the performance be produced at giga Texas or Fremont or both?
MIT Model 3 Performance would be icing on the cake 🤓

Reactions: evfangirl

That's what I am wondering, that would be a first.

I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the M3LR yesterday, now I am seriously considering going M3P with that full tax credit on the hood...

I am mostly concerned that I don't know what those seats feel like, and do not feel great putting in an order with no way to know when I can test drive...

As someone said, it does look like the lease rates got much better. My calculated payment is about $80 less.
Is this what it is showing in your app status screen under "financing"? After my lease showing completed for several months, mine has said "updating terms" since Sunday not giving me any ability to click through, and no one at Tesla has been able to verify what is happening or when it will get resolved, let alone whether it will result in a better price. Mind you, I am post-VIN and I'm not at all clear how I am supposed to set a delivery date not knowing how much I must pay at delivery or being able to do anything in the app with this status.

Edit: Just got a message saying my car will be delivered to store on 4/28, although not showing in app yet. The "updating" screen also not changed either, so hoping that does not cause a cluster prior to delivery.

Last edited:
Generally Performance trims are more expensive in the tesla ecosystem right?
Yeah should be. But with the ev credit, it makes the performance cheaper than the long range when you purchase. But factoring in needing to buy winter tires. And performance generally needing to switch tires out more frequently. Plus less range. In the long run, it will cost more than the long range. So maybe Tesla will lower the price of model 3 so that it can be cheaper than performance even with the ev credit. They pretty much lowered the price everywhere else but here in US