Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah should be. But with the ev credit, it makes the performance cheaper than the long range when you purchase. But factoring in needing to buy winter tires. And performance generally needing to switch tires out more frequently. Plus less range. In the long run, it will cost more than the long range. So maybe Tesla will lower the price of model 3 so that it can be cheaper than performance even with the ev credit. They pretty much lowered the price everywhere else but here in US
Hopefully this happens before mine delivers! I still haven't received a vin since ordering on April 7. My EDD has been stuck on July 20 - August 31 since I switched to black interior last week.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hopefully this happens before mine delivers! I still haven't received a vin since ordering on April 7. My EDD has been stuck on July 20 - August 31 since I switched to black interior last week.
Oh wow, I thought black interior moved you up the line. Maybe give Tesla a call and see what they say. Lots of people here mentioned getting their VIN right after switching to the black interior.

I hope they can lower the price before I get my car too so I can save some money lol.

Reactions: evfangirl
I couldn't wait any longer, I am taking this tax credit gawd dangit, its cheaper than the LR I was going to get anyway

1714021468903.png

Do you guys think Our switched orders for the performance that still says
January 10th order date
will be maybe prioritized and actually deliver in May..or
haven’t I learned anything from this
experience/company.View attachment 1041533
that’s what i want to known my order still says 3/12 from my standard version, but i switched to performance the day it was announced.

edit. my RN number stayed the same

Long Range? White interior?
Long range, black interior. My window is actually a little close for my liking. I sold my car almost a month ago and my title still hasn't been sent to the dealer, and they're waiting to receive it. After that they will send me my equity to put as a down payment on this car. If that doesn't happen soon I'm gonna have to dig into my bank acc -_-

Reactions: zoomer0056
Long range, black interior. My window is actually a little close for my liking. I sold my car almost a month ago and my title still hasn't been sent to the dealer, and they're waiting to receive it. After that they will send me my equity to put as a down payment on this car. If that doesn't happen soon I'm gonna have to dig into my bank acc -_-
Maybe you should get the Performance. With the tax credit it costs less than the Long Range.

There have been a few comments about the new Model 3's showing up as available inventory, which seems to make little sense considering all of the unfulfilled orders out there. Here's one possible scenario of how a car ended up as an inventory car... When many of the white interior EDD's were pushed out into the July - August time frame earlier this month, I changed my order on April 10th from the Stealth Grey/White to `Ultra Red/Black, both with the 18" Photons. After doing the order update to the Red/Black/Photons configuration, my EDD did not change over the course of the next ten days (stayed July 7 - Aug 18( and I did not receive a VIN. When it became apparent that Tesla was actually going to start delivering white interiors late last week, I changed my order back to the Stealth Grey/White on 4/20. Recall that my updated order was Red/Black/Photons between 4/10 and 4/20. On 4/23, a Red/Black/Photon vehicle showed up as an inventory car, available in 3-5 days, at one of the local delivery centers. Makes me wonder if I had held out for another day or two before switching back to a white interior, if that VIN would have been assigned to me. I also wonder if it had already been in transit to the DFW area. Someone got lucky, as it appears that it was scooped up this afternoon, as it's no longer available.

Reactions: evfangirl