Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery problem - no temporary tag after 1 week, can't drive car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Louisiana and recently purchased a LR model 3. It was delivered from Houston last Thursday. I was expecting the Houston Delivery center to generate a temporary tag and overnight it to me around the time of the expected delivery. I have never received the Tag which enables me to legally drive the car. The other owner picking up a model 3 from the same delivery truck had her Tag in hand, it had arrived the day before. So I have had a car sitting in my garage with 10 miles on the odometer for a week. I have emailed and called my sales advisor in Houston several times. Got one email back from the sales adviser after 4 days saying she was looking into it. Caught her on the phone Tuesday (2 days ago) and she indicated they would get the delivery center to print "another" TAG and would overnight it, sending me the tracking info. No tracking number, not TAG, no further response.

I made a support request last Saturday and after 3 days they sent me an email suggesting I contact my sales advisor. Thanks. I made a follow-up support request yesterday asking for help again.

At the moment, I am the proud owner of a really expensive video game console - any advice on how to get some action from Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Interesting. I wonder why they have to print another one and manually deliver it. When I got my MX (of course that was 3 years ago and things change), they forgot to deliver it. I called and they emailed a copy right away for me to print and put on the car. I guess times have changed. Best of luck. I'm sure you are really anxious to get in the car and take it for a long spin :)

Unfortunately in Louisiana only lenders and dealers (not individuals) are allowed temporary tags, hence my need for the temporary tag from out of state (I believe California). For professional reasons, driving the car illegally and relying on the police to not enforce the law is not a good option for us...

I had a similar issue with our new Model 3. We had the temp plate on the front and back of the car but not the piece of paper in the window. I called a number of places including where we picked the car up, no help. My wife called the sales center and they emailed us the PDF file, I printed and taped in the window. A bit frustrating but focus on the store you picked it up at. I don't know your local laws but ask for an electronic copy if you can.