Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dent Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my virgin baby 2022 MXP has its first dent on the rear passenger panel. I have Xpel Stealth PPF so paint is protected and it is not the visible but driving me crazy. I called my PDR guy and he says that he cannot access it and recommended taking to a body shop. My PDR guy does not do suction or glue or any other techniques soooo my question to all my fellow experts is:
1) any recommendations for a PDR that can fix this in Ventura or Orange County?
2) if not should I have a body shop touch this or am I going to cause more issues
3) or just leave it alone?

Thanks everybody in advance!
IMG_3687.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg
IMG_3686.jpeg

Well my virgin baby 2022 MXP has its first dent on the rear passenger panel. I have Xpel Stealth PPF so paint is protected and it is not the visible but driving me crazy. I called my PDR guy and he says that he cannot access it and recommended taking to a body shop. My PDR guy does not do suction or glue or any other techniques soooo my question to all my fellow experts is:
2) if not should I have a body shop touch this or am I going to cause more issues

Thanks everybody in advance!View attachment 987940View attachment 987941View attachment 987942
Try painless dent repair. From my experience they can work magic and are much cheaper than having body work done by a shop. The dents that I have had removed, you can't tell they ever happened

Reactions: Nizzore and KJD

Thanks everybody in advance!View attachment 987940View attachment 987941View attachment 987942
Not sure how it will turn out on a Tesla but I bought a suction type tool from Amazon to try on a similar dent on my MINI a year or so ago and it worked.

Thank you….was hoping somebody may have had experience with someone and/or knows a PDR person that specializes in Tesla.

Google maps your local area and look for dent repair. Contact those with glowing reviews. That's a sub $400 repair and should come out flawlessly. I've had CRAZY PDR work done on my cars and you'd be shocked what these guys can do.

I had a small dent and only visible from angle view on the passenger side door. I got the body-shop to fix the dent which cost me $500. It's a little high for the small little dent for the job. They claimed, they need to remove the panel, etc... to un-dent it. From the way it looks on yours, the will probably need to get behind it and work on it. Also, it is at the edge of the bend. It will need to be done by professional to get a good result, probably by the paintless repair as other suggested.

In LA county, but he may also service OC or Ventura I have used him 2x and the results were stellar. One time the panel was inaccessible so he drilled a very small hole in a hard to see spot to get his tool behind the panel and push out the dent. The result was perfect.

I used this body shop in Westminster to repair my front quarter panel last week, they are reasonably priced and were open to the least invasive method of repair, not just replacing and repainting parts.