Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denver Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I havent had any insights to post in the past but appreciate all the info eveyone has shared.

According to the Denver Auto Show floor plan, Tesla is going to have a booth. The show runs April 7-11. Anyone know if they will have a Model S on display?

Doubtful.

There is only one that runs and it is only brought out of SpaceEx for very special events. They are working on making a few dozen more for the Store showrooms but the exact number and dates are not published.

Doubtful.

There is only one that runs and it is only brought out of SpaceEx for very special events. They are working on making a few dozen more for the Store showrooms but the exact number and dates are not published.

I will be in San Jose on business next week and emailed Dan Myggen to ask if a Model S would be at the Menlo Park showroom. Dan's response:

"Hi Sam,

So glad to hear that you are enjoying your Roadster! While we do have a few prototypes running around in the Bay Area, most of them look nothing like the production model so we don’t really show them off just yet. The ones that do look the part are in the Los Angeles area, and they are worked on in secrecy so that the latest design updates aren’t leaked out until we’re ready to show them off. We will start building some second generation prototypes later this year that will be closer to production intent, and these will likely be the first ones to be seen by the public once we are satisfied with some of the engineering work that needs to be done with them first.

Right now our showrooms are focused on the Roadster program, since that is what we can actually deliver today. I’ve recently transferred from our Menlo Park store to our corporate HQ to begin working on a program of caring for Model S deposit holders from HQ to allow the stores to maintain this focus. You will start hearing more from us about the Model S program this summer, and will definitely be invited to local events in your area once we begin showing off the car.

I’m sure the store would love it if you stopped by, but at this time there aren’t any Model S’s to show there."

Oh well maybe next trip.

Doubtful.

Well, you were right. In fact, Tesla didnt even show up. Their booth was occupied by some Italian sports car celebration group.

Disappointing show for me. Tesla wasnt there, neither was the Leaf or Volt. Strange for a show promoting itself as "Green".

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I guess I will have to wait until the Model S shows up at the Boulder store.

Disappointing show for me. Tesla wasnt there, neither was the Leaf or Volt. Strange for a show promoting itself as "Green"....

Well I wouldn't blame Tesla. When you look around its shocking how many hundreds of "green" events there are every weekend across the country. Especially now with Earth day coming up. Add to that, Car Shows, Specialty Parts shows, Tech Shows, Corporate Events, etc., the demand for cars is much more than little Tesla can handle.