Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Depreciation and Trade-in values for Ontario?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to decide between leasing and financing.
The monthly lease payment is very high, and it is hard to compare as it does not state the residual price it used to calculate the lease payment. Currently, the 5 year financing is at 1.49%, so it looks like a better option. But it all depends on how the value holds up.

I would appreciate it someone can post their trade-in values for a 3 years or 4 years old Model S (how many km?) in terms of percentage of the original price (incentive included and discounted)?
Tried looking at the CPO prices, but can't make much out of it without knowing the original price.

Thanks!

Actually by law they have to disclose the buyback.

Sounds like youre just looking on the internet and not actually speaking to a representative at the store. Do that and they'll disclose everything.

Personally I think the buy backs are too low thus the lease amount is too high. So if you plan to lease then walk away i don't think that makes sense unless it's better for you tax wise. If you lease, plan to buy it out.

I. E. My 2015 70D with good options had a buyback of $49,000. There's no way in 18 months it'll only be worth $49,000. Used 70d today are selling for about $70,000.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff
The trade in values of used S's are much lower than what they are going for on the used market and CPO prices.
For example if I traded in my 120k km 2013 85S I wouldn't get more than 35K for it, probably even less.
It goes for more on the used market though.

where did you see any used 70d for sale?
i just sold my 85 - looking for a used 75d or 70d

what range do you get at 90% and 100%

merci
On screen 342 and 383. It's not 90 %it's just whatever that tesla suggestion is.

Long term average is about 200 wh/km (21"wheels).

Actual range at 100% is about 325 kms on average. If I go on a long trip it's quite a bit better. Autopilot at 110 kmh, highway in nice weather = more like 350-370 kms.

On screen 342 and 383. It's not 90 %it's just whatever that tesla suggestion is

Tip : It's not a suggestion, it's the kWh remaining storage in the battery calculated from the voltage of the cell groups, and then "rated" based on US EPA range of the car when tested as new.

Thus, when someone asks, what's you "90% rated range", they are asking because it will very closely align with the kWh remaining storage of your battery pack, and will guide how much degradation your battery pack has from new.

Cool eh?

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff