Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailing service to protect white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t received my Model 3 yet, but I’ve seen a lot of stories of people staining their seats.

is there some kind of detailing service to add a layer of protection to prevent staining, stretch marks and creasing?

For stains, the best protection would be a ceramic coating specifically designed for leather such as Gyeon G2 Leather Shield. Below is a post I found on Autogeekonline.net about this product.

If you don't want to go with a coating but still want some protection, you can use something like Optimum Protectant Plus.

And in case you do get a stain on your seats, you want to have cleaners available to clean the stain as soon as possible. Depending on the stain, you can use Optimum ONR or a dedicated leather cleaner. For a really stubborn stain, you can try Optimum PowerClean diluted 10:1.

Last suggestion - over time UV rays from the sun can damage your leather. I would consider getting ceramic tint that blocks most of the UV rays, especially on the side windows because, unless Tesla changed their most recent glass, those windows offer less UV protection from the factory.

From Autogeekonline.net:
I would get a coating and the one I would look at most is gyeon leather shield. Get a gyeon leather cleaner to use before applying and when needed. Maintance cleaning a damp mf towel only. A simple thing to apply and maintain. Give a link to a review and write up by the Guz also. The one thing with any leather coating is to test it before in a inconspicuous space for a week or so. Best to do that or you would be hooked to the look it gets since it's not possible to be polished of like on a paint. So even if eager to use it do that test spot before and let it cure full time. Then you know what you get with whatever coating you chose.
The easy application is a benefit since you don't need to wipe it off. Long lasting and the protection you are after. And as paint coatings they are not bullet proof but for wear and contaminants it's good.

Review - Gyeon Leather Shield (Leather Coating)

GYEON Q2 Leather Shield

• Helpful
Reactions: Venom and outdoors
For stains, the best protection would be a ceramic coating specifically designed for leather such as Gyeon G2 Leather Shield. Below is a post I found on Autogeekonline.net about this product.

If you don't want to go with a coating but still want some protection, you can use something like Optimum Protectant Plus.

And in case you do get a stain on your seats, you want to have cleaners available to clean the stain as soon as possible. Depending on the stain, you can use Optimum ONR or a dedicated leather cleaner. For a really stubborn stain, you can try Optimum PowerClean diluted 10:1.

Last suggestion - over time UV rays from the sun can damage your leather. I would consider getting ceramic tint that blocks most of the UV rays, especially on the side windows because, unless Tesla changed their most recent glass, those windows offer less UV protection from the factory.

From Autogeekonline.net:
I would get a coating and the one I would look at most is gyeon leather shield. Get a gyeon leather cleaner to use before applying and when needed. Maintance cleaning a damp mf towel only. A simple thing to apply and maintain. Give a link to a review and write up by the Guz also. The one thing with any leather coating is to test it before in a inconspicuous space for a week or so. Best to do that or you would be hooked to the look it gets since it's not possible to be polished of like on a paint. So even if eager to use it do that test spot before and let it cure full time. Then you know what you get with whatever coating you chose.
The easy application is a benefit since you don't need to wipe it off. Long lasting and the protection you are after. And as paint coatings they are not bullet proof but for wear and contaminants it's good.

Review - Gyeon Leather Shield (Leather Coating)

GYEON Q2 Leather Shield
Sounds good! I don’t really care how much it costs, I’d rather get a professional to coat the seats so I never run into staining, creasing or stretch mark issues

Sounds good! I don’t really care how much it costs, I’d rather get a professional to coat the seats so I never run into staining, creasing or stretch mark issues

There are lots of older posts about care and protection for the leather seats on TMC, just try doing a search.

The coatings will protect against stains, but I don't think they provide any extra protection from creasing or stretch marks. Tesla seats are like any other seats in regards to stretching and creases. Just use common sense.

I have heard that dye transfer can occur on the white leather seats if there is a wet material placed on the seat for an extended period of time. So again, just use common sense. Don't place wet or sweaty hats or clothes on the seat. If your kids just went swimming, have them change into a dry set of clothes before getting in the car.

I have the white leather seats in my 2018 P3D. Over two years later, the seats look amazing with no stains or visible damage.

There are lots of older posts about care and protection for the leather seats on TMC, just try doing a search.

The coatings will protect against stains, but I don't think they provide any extra protection from creasing or stretch marks. Tesla seats are like any other seats in regards to stretching and creases. Just use common sense.

I have heard that dye transfer can occur on the white leather seats if there is a wet material placed on the seat for an extended period of time. So again, just use common sense. Don't place wet or sweaty hats or clothes on the seat. If your kids just went swimming, have them change into a dry set of clothes before getting in the car.

I have the white leather seats in my 2018 P3D. Over two years later, the seats look amazing with no stains or visible damage.
Glad to hear it doesn’t stain easily if you take care of it. Did you add any coating to your white seats?

Glad to hear it doesn’t stain easily if you take care of it. Did you add any coating to your white seats?

No, I did not apply a leather coating. Over the last couple of years, I have tried and liked these products on my seats:

Chemical Guys Innerclean (cleans the seats and leaves some UV protection behind).

Mckees37 Fast Interior Detailer (also cleans and leaves behind some UV protection). Mckees37 also makes an interior surface protectant that is repells water and dirt.

Xtreme Solutions Formula X232 All Purpose Interior Cleaner - cleans really well and has a very pleasant lemon scent.

The Last Coat 2.0 - this is a ceramic infused spray sealant that is designed to be used on your car's exterior paint. However, it can be used on the seats. Although it does not provide as much protection as a coating, it does provide some ceramic-based protection.

Keep in mind some products mainly clean, some mainly protect, and some claim to do both in one step.